Login

Usage Guides from 3rd Party Libraries Developers

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Usage Guides from 3rd Party Libraries Developers

Postby vicnestE » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:29 pm

There's growing number of 3rd party libraries developers, and all of you guys are very helpful and kindly.

From the actual usage point of view, the number of nebula reverb instances, working frequencies and bit depths, and the settings of sound card latency.

Most users should use these libraries as mixing/mastering tools, so "nebula reverb" should be the choice. And I remember reading something in the old forum so I mainly use 2048ms~4096ms when I plug any nebula reverb instance into my DAW.

I haven't update my old PC with Intel Core2 2.4GHz and 4G memories. I could run one AlexB's console pro MasterBus, and 4-5 R2R, and 3-4 instances of AnalogInTheBox EQs 44KHz 24bit under Sonar 8.5 WinXP SP3. Echo Mona 4096ms.
Bus stem projects with average 10 busses (off-line rendered using console programs).
The playback almost hits 101% CPU sometimes but it tried hard not to drop out.

I wonder if the libraries developers or some other helpful user could provide the actual usage showcase in detail of computer specs.

Some potential customers might turn their head away with the notorious disadvantage: CPU hog.
But I believe one could run some kind of small console configuration in real time with up-to-date machines.
Just need some proof from the users who do serious mix/mastering jobs. Also I believe the develepors know how their libraries comsume CPU.

Here's the infos I assumed needed: (feel free to post in the way you want as long as it's a real-world example)
1. CPU
2. Memory
3. Operation System
4. DAW (working sample rate and bit depths)
5. Sound interface and its latency
6. Nebula reverb plugin routing configuration
7. Other crucial infos such as raid hard disk or some optimization tricks

Thanks for your help :)
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Usage Guides from 3rd Party Libraries Developers

Postby vicnestE » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:32 pm

And I wonder could we monitor/hear through the "se" (CPU friendly version programs) and render in DAW through complete programs??

This will be an extra useful option to have.
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to 3rd party libraries