Re: Cupwise release- YouRei Notch/BP/Peak filter set with LF

Postby jeffbdavis » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Bought! Thanks... :D
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Cupwise » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:30 pm

i've just added the additional stuff i was talking about when i first released. i was messing around trying to get a really saturation heavy pass-through program, to see if i could get lots of distortion, and it didn't work out. but i did include another pass through that should sound slightly different from the original one, and more importantly, the envelope followers.

there are 6 envelope followers altogether. A, B, and C going forward and reverse. forward means they move upward in frequency on audio input, reverse means they go downward. louder inputs makes them go further. just like with the lfo program you can control exactly where you want it to start from, and what the max distance it can travel is. combine that with the sampled filter width control, the control smoothly transitioning between notch/peak/bp, an adjustable high pass filter on the input detector, the feedback, attack and release controls, and you can get an endless variety of results out of these things.

the difference between the A, B, and C programs is that they have various little things going on under the hood that are set up differently. all of them actually use a combination of not one but 2 envelope followers, which are combined before they control the freq. the A,B,C versions use different combos of envelope detection types for each of their followers, and different combinations of feedback/feedforward ratios for the detectors, and a few other things here and there. it results in them actually having fairly different sounds, just because of the control mechanisms being tweaked to behave differently.

check out the new audio demo that i put up showing off some of the rad stuff you can do with them.

---oh and, everyone who bought already should be getting an email with links to the update with the new stuff
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise- YouRei Notch/BP/Peak filter set with LFO/ENV FX

Postby david1103 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:55 pm

demos sound brain blowing, you have done it again, pushing the boundaries of what is possible with nebula!
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jeffbdavis » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:44 am

Cupwise wrote:---oh and, everyone who bought already should be getting an email with links to the update with the new stuff

The new demos sound insane! What do I do if I haven't gotten the email?
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:30 am

Tim,
You've done it again bro. Meticulous work. Listening to the demos these are some of the smoothest filters period. Highly recommended this set. My word you really have set the bar high for realism mate. Keep up the great work.
Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:16 pm

jeffbdavis wrote:
Cupwise wrote:---oh and, everyone who bought already should be getting an email with links to the update with the new stuff

The new demos sound insane! What do I do if I haven't gotten the email?

email me. theres a contact form at my site. or you can pm me here but i need to know your email address (the one attached to the paypal account you used).
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby gurth » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:15 am

I love this animal as it is! But sometimes Ithink, it would be awsome if we could sidechaine the envelope follower
Is this even possible? Does somebody know if I can use the nat sidechain patch for compressors, does someone have that patch, I can not find it anymore.

Thanks a lot!
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Cupwise » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:30 pm

gurth wrote:I love this animal as it is! But sometimes Ithink, it would be awsome if we could sidechaine the envelope follower
Is this even possible? Does somebody know if I can use the nat sidechain patch for compressors, does someone have that patch, I can not find it anymore.

Thanks a lot!
hmm yeah that actually would be possible. i'm kind of surprised i didn't provide programs for that, because i did do that with the 'wah' effect i made for my 'frequency tweakers 2' set.

i'll make a note that i should do this, and when i get time i'll do it and send out an update and post about it here. you could do it yourself and i could tell you how, and it's not hard, but it would be tedious to have to do it every time so you would end up wanting to save it to a new program and since there are several different versions, well it would just get kind of messy. then when i released my update you'd have to delete yours. so since it's simple, i'll try to do this within a week.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby gurth » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:28 pm

That is great!

Many thanks.
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries