Login

Cupwise- YouRei Notch/BP/Peak filter set with LFO/ENV FX

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Cupwise- YouRei Notch/BP/Peak filter set with LFO/ENV FX

Postby Cupwise » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 pm

http://www.cupwise.com/cup/nebula-release-yourei-band-pass-notch-filters-lfo-mod-fx/

just got this set up which has been months in the making. i remember i actually said this might be out within a few weeks of part 1 (the HP/LP filter set i released last year). HA. it turned out to be a BEAST and i had no idea what i was getting into.

it's a set of notch & band-pass/peak filters. the notches are ultra precise, which required THOUSANDS of samples to recreate. that's just for 1k. the programs may take a bit longer to load than you are used to with preamp stuff but the real point is that i've got Neb's internal LFOs modulating the frequency. i've made a custom control system that allows you to pinpoint exactly where within the whole frequency range you want the LFO to operate. by the way, these filters smoothly go from 26hz up to 26khz, AND have variable width.

there are programs optimized for using the filters for EQing purposes too. you can use the peak filter just like you would with an eq program, and the same goes for the notch. the notch is so sharp it can be used for forensic type artifact removal (check the one audio clip at the site).

to top it off there is a pass-through program with the filters off, and this is a pretty characterful unit so that program can be pretty useful by itself. used with the filter programs it makes up for them lacking harmonics.

i'm still thinking about how i could offer a demo program for these... but the price is at a crazy cheap 10$ for the time being. consider it an april fools/introductory sale, and it WILL go up a bit. i'm hoping to add another pass-through with a bit more THD and *hopefully* some progs using envelope followers instead of LFO, but both things are giving me issues so i can't promise this will happen. if it does anyone who already bought will get that stuff. either way the price is going up because whats there already is a lot.

-tim
Last edited by Cupwise on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise release- YouRei Notch/BP/Peak filter set with LF

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:11 pm

This is a very exciting set!
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:41 pm

I learned a long time ago that if I have the $10 dollars or so to spend, I can trust buying anything from Tim without bothering with a demo. This is a very exciting release indeed!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mr.tele » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Bought! Been waiting for this one. Downloading now. :D
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby rugunation » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:59 am

Tim,
I am having an issue with the bandpass/peak program when creating custom setups with Nebula Setup. After doing so the BP/Peak preset completely disappears for some reason. I have tried both 44 and 96 versions and the same thing happens. But they are readable with the original nebula program. Just to let you know. Hopefully its not just happening on my system.

Rugu
"Music is a mission not a competition" -Rugu Nation

https://www.facebook.com/rugunation
http://rugunation.com
rugunation
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Cupwise » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:42 am

yeah someone else had this issue too (unless you are the one who emailed me about it). i think i just figured out what it is, and i'm pretty sure it's an issue with the Nebula Setups program. in the config file it generates where it lists the programs it's going to load it has this:
YOUREI_44K_04_BP&PK

for the bp program. but the actual filename is:
YOUREI_04_BP&PK
so nebula setups apparently can't deal with ampersands. i'll email zabu about it.

in the meantime, you should be able to edit the xml that neb setups generates that has the list of programs in it, and correct that filename and it should work fine....
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Hopefully, a fix for this will be available soon :)

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby marcpl » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:27 pm

i just finished playing with this library. really nice and an absolute steal at $10. it even sounded cool on an acoustic guitar track.

i personally hope to see more developers stepping out of the console/comp/eq box. there are only so many one man can own and i'm pretty well stocked.

regards,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Cupwise wrote:yeah someone else had this issue too (unless you are the one who emailed me about it)

Ha ha, that was me.....

Cupwise wrote:in the meantime, you should be able to edit the xml that neb setups generates that has the list of programs in it, and correct that filename and it should work fine....

Correct it...as in add an actual ampersand? Or just remove it? Or does it matter?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Try this version - 1.2b

Extract over existing executable.

Zabukowski
Attachments
Nebulastps12b.rar