Login

New Release From CDS - THE APEX TAPE COLLECTION !!!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New Release From CDS - THE APEX TAPE COLLECTION !!!!!

Postby babiuk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:46 pm

+1 or with Siemens to add back highs if You want it slightly cleaner and ultrabeautiful ;)

What hi raise from Siemens do you find suitable for 351? I mean what you have tested
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby elam » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:34 pm

He's talking about the hi shelf on the siemens 295 EQ (CDSM or AITB).It's definitely one of the most beautiful high band on the Nebula boat.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby lipa » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:09 pm

CDS Siemens Eq High Shelf - that's the one ;)
Aitb Siemens (and other germanos eqs) are great too but CDS Siemens is pure magic! Henry Air packs (when speaking about high shelves) can deliver astonishing results too. On masters the last two shine (7 - shimmer and 8 - silk).
lipa

Postby sneaky » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:06 am

btw. the "2070" preamp – OMG!!!
whoah.get this.
sneaky

Postby greekpeet » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:22 am

The MM1100 pre -> MM1100-R 30ips -> 2x-4x tape booster (depends on the sound, they all get two tb+) -> VTMM2

I really now get this tape chain, and the icing is the VTMM2, as it really gels but not taking away anything like most digital plugins.

Currently using Alexb's MBC on every channel along with the PCS PorticoSilk preset as well on this track I'm working on.

Two in some eq and various neb compressors and am nailing the best mix I've ever done. I mean I'll switch up different pre amps and consoles dependent on the project, but seriously this tape is staying.

Really this is the very best tape library out there with NAG tape being a close 2nd.

Highly recommend people reading this that don't own them pick them up now. This is one of those libraries that you can't imagine not working without again.

Seriously Michael, God Bless you for this man.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby greekpeet » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:27 am

One more thing, I was thinking about picking up the Soundtoys Decap, but with the TB+ and VTMM2 I can get louder but better sound.

Seriously.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby spigon » Thu May 02, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi, just wondering if you plan on ever making this and the r2r library in 22.5 ips? I mainly used nebula for when I am mixing on the go away; from my studio and all it analogue awesomeness. And I use 22.5 ips for almost all my tape needs and I find that its the best of both world; combining the low from 15ips and highs/low noise floor of 30ips.
spigon
User Level V
User Level V

Postby greekpeet » Thu May 09, 2013 4:25 am

Been testing the pre-release vst version and can't stop telling my audio buds about it.

The GUI is STUNNING, and the sound quality, well probably sounds better than the GUI looks.

Personally, I like the VST version better (Nebula library sounds as good, but I love the workflow).

You can load one since instance of say the MM tape, and you can choose between the pre, 15ips, and 30ips all from the same vst plugin and loads in a super snap.

Use RMinds tube master bus compressor and the MM 30ips on your master, and stuff starts to sound more 'clear'.

I make quite a bit of electronic music compositions, so getting the tone 'corrected or enhanced' of individual sounds is super super critical. Always felt EQing in general to be pretty lacking, and not what I was going for tone, use the neb eqs for correction if anything these days.

I'm using a tube channel mixer (real, not nebula) that has a basic 'tone' control for 'brighter to the right, darker to the left' and, I LOVE processing my stems through that, really adds a lot of music to the source. So, in this library there is the Ampex 2070 program with the EXACT same type of controls and functionality I'm really needing for my stems. God really didn't make me out to be some super scientist engineer type so the simpler the better, hence why I'm throwing this in the mix, literally.

:lol:

I'll post up some examples soon.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby SWAN » Fri May 10, 2013 4:42 pm

BLUESMAN wrote:Perfect, thank you Michael.
Here are some Mono-Drums (in Tchad Blake technique)Demos:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8942445/APX-Demos.rar

thanks man - could you re-upload by any chance?
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby CoolColJ » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:45 am

Such the demo ATR-102, such a creamy resonant sound!

I have Wavelab up and I'm listening to commerical music running through it and it just sounds right :)

That and the Revox (that chocolate brown sound) are my favs of the Nebula tape programs
CoolColJ
User Level IX
User Level IX

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries