Login

New Release From CDS - THE APEX TAPE COLLECTION !!!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New Release From CDS - THE APEX TAPE COLLECTION !!!!!

Postby davidperetz » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:20 am

cdsoundmaster wrote:Hi David,
Not sure why there would be any issue running 64 Bit Nebula vs. 32.
I have only had one Customer have trouble opening one program, but their problem was opening in 32 and it was fine in 64.
You may want to take a look at the MAST page of the Nebula Reverb instance in your 32 and 64 Bit versions and see if any settings are different.
Also, if your buffers for your audio card and/or dspbuffer in Nebula are very small, you can see if increasing this number resolves the issue.
You can clear nebulatemprepository "Temp" folder.
In addition, try loading the program in the version that works, and choosing "Save As" with a new name, like (32) or (64).
I hope this helps.
God Bless You,
Michael

davidperetz wrote:
beingmf3 wrote:btw. the "2070" preamp – OMG!!!

I second that emotion. Puting it on the master buss is an instant -"what? Mixing was so much easier when they had this sound to start with, bastards..."

Btw do someone with 64 bit nebula has a problem with some of the programs not loading (going to init preset as if there was no lisence) ?

Hello Michael

I installed the 32 bit nebula and the problem remains' and with other developers libraries too, some programs will load other won't. it seem's to be that the new licensing process didn't went well.
i'm waiting for a new re authorization to mend the problem' thank you very much for your support - btw - from the programs that i could load - this library is pure solid gold. thanks (again and again ) for a great work of caftmenship and art.
davidperetz
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Yllet » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:48 am

Have only tried the demo of the 2070 preamp, is this the same as in the full version, everyone is raging about?

/Jo
Yllet
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby babiuk » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:19 pm

ludrog wrote:I know this is a bold statement but i have to say that i think that this is THE BEST RELEASE in all of nebula history! Stunning!!! 8-)

I think too it's the BEST tool in neb history, and for me this is the BEST TOOL in the digital domain. My musical world is late 50s and early 60s and these are my tastes and challenges, many times I have felt being close to that vintage sound using some neb libs and they are so useful for my goals, but this thing is at another level, it is the ultimate step into reproducing the old way of doing the things then. The drastic (and so wonderful) effect the 351 imprint to tracks is so patent. I never tested a 351 but it is the machine used in most of american recording from that era, so my ears are made to that kind of sound, Phil Spector, Motown, Chess, Sun...
I'm not a pro and I understand that my musical goals are pointing far away from actual standars of quality specs, but I have to tell that the APEX (351 specifically) is PERFECT for getting that old sound. It instantly takes the sound to this scenario. It's not a subtle thing for me, it's a real magic!

Thanks, Michael, For me this is a remarkable point in digital audio. There is an before and an after.
Anyway I would like to ask you about the low and high speed eq, I disnt found clear info about it, could you help on this?
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby winrob » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:23 pm

Just bought this, tried it out on a track i'm working on.

I prefered 15ips ATR-102 on the master and 30ips MM1100 on the tracks, which is the opposite of what i expected after looking at the graphs.

Guess i shouldn't be listening with my eyes. :D

Anyway, nice work Michael. Love it. :)
winrob
User Level III
User Level III

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:30 pm

I know that this is sort of a "companion" to the whole R2R library, but this is something special on it's own. I have an album of African music that is being released soon, and most of the work I did happened before this was released. Well, the mastering engineer is one of us "Neb-Heads", and lo and behold, the first test masters I got back sounded so cool and creamy I had to ask "how?"..... He had already purchased this library and was mastering with the amazing machines emulated in this library! I couldn't have gotten luckier!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby rrrobo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 am

I agree about the 351.

Guys you have to try the 351 High EQ Bias (a very dark program) with a valve EQ like the CVQ to add back the high frequencies. It sounds extremely vintage. Lovely!

Cheers
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

Postby fradoca » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:06 pm

One of the most amazing libraries for Nebula!
The atr-102 presets are really amazing!
I've mastered an entire album using the atr-102 15ips
preset(a little tweaked to my needs).
Also the 30ips presets really add magic to a mix.
Buy it! you won't regret it! :)
fradoca
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby SWAN » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:15 pm

does anyone have an before / after audio? I have R2R, VTM but all this good feedback is making me wonder if I need this!
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:35 am

SWAN wrote:does anyone have an before / after audio? I have R2R, VTM but all this good feedback is making me wonder if I need this!

I have them too. You need this!

APEX has more solid low end, and punchier/in your face mid frequency.
Very unique sound compared to R2R and VTM.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:31 am

Guys you have to try the 351 High EQ Bias (a very dark program) with a valve EQ like the CVQ to add back the high frequencies

+1 or with Siemens to add back highs if You want it slightly cleaner and ultrabeautiful ;)

I just finished mixing a song with every track put through mm1100 or 351 and masters through atr 30ips driven.. and I have to admit the APX library IS groundbreaking.. it sounds soooo warm and natural.. and very vintage if You choose such preset.. this is a MUST HAVE! (CDS Siemens eq too..) :P
lipa

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries