Login

New Release From CDS - THE APEX TAPE COLLECTION !!!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New Release From CDS - THE APEX TAPE COLLECTION !!!!!

Postby SWANG » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:20 pm

SWAN wrote:can someone who knows about tape heritage explain what is different / special about this collection (compared to R2R which I own and had assumed was comprehensive) - as well as hint a bit more as to the origin? Its just not so clear for someone like me who grew up in DAW land...

thanks!

put the letter 'm' after the letter 'a' in "apex" and what do you have? probably one of - if not, THE - most sought after tape machine emulations in the plugin world. once i'd learned that stevie wonder's engineers/co-producers recorded his classic albums through a custom A*I onto mm1000 (precursor the 1100 sampled in this library), i've been waiting with baited breath for the nebulized version.

michael, you are the man. when i come back from the road, i'm purchasing this immediately! :D
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby emilieitor » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Incredible Michael Angello!! It´s my next purchase!
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby SWAN » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:01 pm

SWANG wrote:
SWAN wrote:can someone who knows about tape heritage explain what is different / special about this collection (compared to R2R which I own and had assumed was comprehensive) - as well as hint a bit more as to the origin? Its just not so clear for someone like me who grew up in DAW land...

thanks!

put the letter 'm' after the letter 'a' in "apex" and what do you have? probably one of - if not, THE - most sought after tape machine emulations in the plugin world. once i'd learned that stevie wonder's engineers/co-producers recorded his classic albums through a custom A*I onto mm1000 (precursor the 1100 sampled in this library), i've been waiting with baited breath for the nebulized version.

michael, you are the man. when i come back from the road, i'm purchasing this immediately! :D

Cool. Thats weird I thought R2R was meant to be definitive but Ill try out this demo...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:14 pm

^well, r2r certainly isn't incomplete. there are more than enough options in the library as is. still, "the apex tape collection" is definitely worthy of its own separate release due to its desirability. as excited as i am to try it, i'm in no way regretting my purchase/extensive use of the r2r library.

p.s. - just noticed the similarity in our screen names. are we long lost brothers? :P
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:27 am

The MM1000 is the father of 16track recorders. It was the first commercially available 16-track (I believe "Crimson and Clover" was the first commercial recording made on one). It is the classic American pop/rock (and a lot more) sound and was the gold standard of large format machines for a very long time before other companies caught up and made some of the other classic 16 track 2". I'm sure there are some who prefer Studer but for many the MM1XXX is THE classic large format multitrack sound.

ETA: Another deck in the collection, the ATR-102, was THE mastering deck of choice for a long time too. Classics. A seriously ridiculously long list of records between these two machines alone (sorry I don't have such a list or I'd share it).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby sneaky » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:16 am

Thank you.
apx-mm1100-30-r whatever that is, rocks my tits off :D
sneaky

Postby babiuk » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks a lot, Michael!
For me this is a dream, It's a real key to the early 60s sound I'm always trying to recreate.

Gracias!!
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby hollo321 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:22 pm

yes! awessome news, u made my day been waiting for these for a while, thank u michael :D
hollo321
User Level I
User Level I

Postby winrob » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Wow, looks great. So where is 0dbVU on these then? -18dbFS as usual?
winrob
User Level III
User Level III

Postby beingmf3 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:02 pm

Awesome awesome awesome!! Perfect choice of machines, tape and levels! Thanks, Michael!
beingmf3

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries