Login

Which compressors should I get?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Which compressors should I get?

Postby xphen0m » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Hello, I am new to Nebula. I'm really liking it so far. I bought some of Henry O's Mojo programs without actually READING the descriptions and thinking about why they were so inexpensive and contained the word "mojo". Stupid 'ol me, you live and learn. lol

I'm sure they'll come in handy. I also bought the producer's pack #1 from CDSoundMaster.

Now, I'm looking at getting a compressor or two. I'm looking for something that'd be punchy on my drum buss, but could be versatile enough to use on the master buss as well. I tried the Rayphlex compressor demo, and really liked what I heard on the drum buss. Haven't tried it on the master buss yet though.

I'm also looking at the Snap Compressor from Analog in the Box. But that has no demo. Can anyone vouch for that? I'd be able to pick up both, but I'm on a budget and also want to pick up an Equalizer (which I'm looking at AITB's ApeEq)

Thank you in advance for any help!
xphen0m
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Which compressors should I get?

Postby cpwade » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Comp-Rayphlex, Slick 9k, Fearn,
EQ-Doc Fear, Mammoth, PooltecEQ

They are all good, this is what I love at the moment..

Check here: http://www.learndigitalaudio.com/blog/n ... m-explorer
cpwade

Postby xphen0m » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:32 am

I had actually found this a few days ago on Google. Great tool! I'm definitely looking at the Mammoth EQ as one purchase, now I need to decide on a compressor. Then I'm done buying for the month. lol

Could you give me a link to Fearn compressor? I can't find it in Google nor on that page. Or was that a typo?
xphen0m
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby botus99 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:21 am

cpwade probably meant the Fate Compressor from Analog In The Box. Its an excellent vocal compressor. Actually, it works on nearly anything, especially if you're going for that N**e sound.

Out of the compressors I have, I use these most often:
- Snap Compressor (Analog In The Box) nearly always on my drum buss and master fader
- The Drum Compressor (CDSoundmaster) on drums and bass
- German Mastering Dynamics (AlexB)
- FTS/Fatso (AlexB)

I also have most of the compressors from Signal2Noize. The DME 1968 and 165a are tone monsters! The Fenix from AlexB is also a great compressor.

Haha this could go on for a while. Perhaps you are looking for a compressor for a certain task? If you could narrow down the applications of what you want your compressor to do, it will be easier to point you in one direction instead of 14 and 3/7
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby xphen0m » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 am

Well, I mainly produce hard rock and metal. Most of my tempos range from 90 BPM to 140 BPM. Hopefully this helps.
xphen0m
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby cpwade » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 am

Yes, Fenix and Fate are heroes, as are 1968 use it lots.

Fearn I think was a Yuval -ism. A hybrid. My apologies for any confusion.

That said get this while it's still up: https://www.dropbox.com/s/449jcxxz80uen ... bula.zip?m
cpwade

Postby SWAN » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:56 am

definitely get the new Slick 9k compressors - for punchy channel compression...you can try the demo...

to be honest I have found the compressors in Nebula to be a bit hit and miss - but cupwise has a knack for sampling compressors very well...and the slick 9k could be my new favorite...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby Andrums » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:07 am

Slick 9k Compressor definitely must buy
Andrums

Postby richie43 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:42 am

cpwade wrote:That said get this while it's still up: https://www.dropbox.com/s/449jcxxz80uen ... bula.zip?m

This has been removed from dropbox and I am uploading to my website server. Right now in fact (I suddenly need my dropbox space for some business....). I will post a semi-permanent download link on the thread about the presets. Ok, back to the amazing compressors.....
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Return to 3rd party libraries