Login

Henry Olonga releases Small Guitar Amp Community Edition!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Henry Olonga releases Small Guitar Amp Community Edition!!

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:16 am

Call this a kind of an experiment to see how I could get the previous Amp sampling to sound better. I think I did in a way. It was a bit bright so I warmed it up with my hardware.

My recent Amp samplings in London are not going to be released in full as I am planning on serving the high end with them. In other words for those discerning guitarists and mixers who want to get a bit more depth in the box and are willing to pay for the custom deluxe edition. I will release scaled down versions of the amps in the shop however but they will be really scaled back with no post processing and in one sample rate.

Having said all that - here is my first community edition package done with no corners cut. This is the same quality that I release my commercial libraries in so take it for a spin.
It is of a small 4 Watt Vox. Details on the page. Not perfect in every way and it won't work on everything but I hope it comes in useful for you guys who work in the genre where Amps come into play.

Shove a distortion plugin before it and then perhaps some post eq to taste.

It should work with Nebula Free but let me know if any issues arise. I am offering no support for this if you have download issues , I won't be able to help. Spread it far and wide if you like though and I don't care if it is hosted all over the place.
Enjoy :D

Get it here

http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-small-guitar-amp-for-nebula-192-khz-community-edition
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Re: Henry Olonga releases Small Guitar Amp Community Edition

Postby msp13everlasting » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:34 am

Any estimate on the price of the high end amps and when they will be released? If your going to only release one sample rate please be 96khz. Big fan of your Big amp.
msp13everlasting
User Level I
User Level I

Postby mr.tele » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:46 am

Sweet, Henry. Thank you! Downloading now. :D I made a minimum donation to help with your band width cost. Would have made it a bit bigger, but I'm pretty broke at the moment! Are you sure you're just one guy? (triplets, clones?) Where do you get the time and energy!? :shock: :lol:
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:47 am

No clone here sadly.
There is value in having two powerful Intel Xeon workstations and a highly repeated workflow that comes naturally now.

No idea about pricing yet but it will depend on demand. I cannot do too many otherwise I cannot do anything else - they will be manually done - hand crafted so to speak - or persoanlised is a better way to put it. So if demand is high I will have to revise pricing and strategy. I must say at this stage though that I don't want to serve everyone with this deluxe series as it is labour intensive. Only those who want the very best I can offer and are willing to pay for it.

If you pushed me into a corner I would say - perhaps £50 an amp would be reasonable. 4 Choices from 8 mic positions along with choices of A*I, Helios, GML, N**e and E*I post processing. As you can see - this is a customised set.

The amps/cabs are

Fender champion 600
VOX AC30
Fender Twin Reverb
Marshall haze 40
Roland Jazz Chorus
Messa Boogie MK III
Ampeg Reverberocket
Also a Marshall JCM 900 power head - no idea if it will work but hey - I sampled it.

Then the Leslie - no idea how it will turn out.

Bass Amps are

GK Gallien Krueger
Ashdown Bass Magnifier
Ampeg Portaflex
Trace Elliot
Little Mark II

Time frame? Soon - I will do one amp at a time. Within a month I should have the first one done I hope.
Best wishes
- and goodnight. 2 am here ;)
Last edited by Henry Olonga on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby mr.tele » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:49 am

msp13everlasting wrote:If your going to only release one sample rate please be 96khz. Big fan of your Big amp.

+1
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:52 am

You realise you have given me an incentive to make you go for the deluxe version right :D. Kidding - will see. Right - off to bed this time.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:54 am

Henry Olonga wrote:If you pushed me into a corner I would say - perhaps £50 an amp would be reasonable.

Totally reasonable!! You da man!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby jimiyves » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:09 am

Shove a distortion plugin before it and then perhaps some post eq to taste.

Is there a distortion plugin that you recommend ?

Thank you.
jimiyves
User Level III
User Level III

Postby vicnestE » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Small amps are cute.

For bigger amps (4x12):
You may consider
Ownhammer's latest nebula cab
http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... ucts_id=90

Tones of quality flavor for 25USD only. 88 nebula programs for the unfinished version.
May not always suit one's personal needs as the deluxe customized sampling.

Finding quality guitar preamp plugins is a lot easier than overdrive/distortion plugin.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby botus99 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:09 pm

For a community edition, this library has a lot of flexibility! Thanks Henry!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries