Login

Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Postby richie43 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:22 am

SWAN wrote:
richie43 wrote:
SWAN wrote:I find rayflex to clamp down in a way that Im not into for drums-I just dont like the bite on the transient.

You can dramatically reduce the "clamping" with almost any Cupwise compressor, you can adjust the ratio with intense precision.


sure but the ratio does not alter the curves of the A/R. Its fine man if you like it - just i prefer others on drums like the slick 9k/ubk1/sknote 165a.

I also love both sknote compressors on drum busses, actually. Some of the few algo plugs I love, in fact. I don't personally use Rayphlex on drums either (love it on certain things though!), but I was just offering up some info.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Postby bamboo123 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:19 am

hi
got the rayphlex and really happy with it
and has you are the best right now for compressors
would love to buy

Manly Vari Mu original
M****y SLAM
S***** ***** Mastering comp

from cupwise of course...please!!!!
bamboo123
User Level II
User Level II
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Postby SWANG » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:03 am

SWAN wrote:
richie43 wrote:
SWAN wrote:I find rayflex to clamp down in a way that Im not into for drums-I just dont like the bite on the transient.


if you're looking for a nebula compressor that does wonders for drums, check out michael's "the drum compressor" library.
http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-software-online/THE-Drum-Compressor-NebPro.html
ok, bye!!!
User avatar
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:31 am
Location: new york

Re: Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Postby richie43 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:32 am

SWANG wrote:if you're looking for a nebula compressor that does wonders for drums, check out michael's "the drum compressor" library.
http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-software-online/THE-Drum-Compressor-NebPro.html


And this is not merely "a Nebula compressor".... OMG. This is a HUGE suite of presets, customized for many many specific scenarios and with many different compressor types. This is an amazing tool-set.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Postby ericus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Just bought Slick 9K a few days ago... :shock:


OMG! I think my next purchase will be Rayphlex...I don't know why I stayed away from it that long; I guess I was a bit dissapointed with the prior Nebula compressor releases.


Amazing work Tim! :mrgreen:
ericus
Member
Member
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Postby dacaveprods » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:07 pm

ericus wrote:Just bought Slick 9K a few days ago... :shock:


OMG! I think my next purchase will be Rayphlex...I don't know why I stayed away from it that long; I guess I was a bit dissapointed with the prior Nebula compressor releases.


Amazing work Tim! :mrgreen:



Same Here...Brought Yesterday! :D
dacaveprods
Member
Member
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:36 pm

Re: Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Postby dacaveprods » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:08 pm

dacaveprods wrote:
ericus wrote:Just bought Slick 9K a few days ago... :shock:


OMG! I think my next purchase will be Rayphlex...I don't know why I stayed away from it that long; I guess I was a bit dissapointed with the prior Nebula compressor releases.


Amazing work Tim! :mrgreen:



Same Here...Brought Yesterday! :D

*Bought*
dacaveprods
Member
Member
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:36 pm

Re: Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Postby mr.tele » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:36 pm

I was about to buy the Slick comp when CDSoundmaster came out with the Apex :o and got all of my money. As soon as I get some more, I'm buying the Slick! Don't give up, Tim. You have many loyal customers. :)
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:51 am

Re: Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Postby david1103 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:24 pm

Bought it, love it!!

Yes, the attack 'snap' is different from rayphlex. It sounds 'modern' (to my ears), I think it should be amazing for dance music, maybe even revolutionary in software, an AB with 'the glue' would be very interesting with 30ms attack, 100-300ms approx release. I have a feeling Slick would destroy it for punch, but I don't have the glue demo running any more to try it.

I think the time for a massive in depth test for using compressors to make electronic drums punchy is needed. I have some very interesting results so far...
User avatar
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:26 am

Re: Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Postby vicnestE » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:22 pm

It's great on punchy electric drums. Nice boom!
User avatar
vicnestE
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 740
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:11 am

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests