Login

Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Cupwise Release- Slick 9k Compressor

Postby cps418 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:05 pm

good job on this one cupwise, and great name for it,because that is exactly what this comp has it,s a slickness equal to the modern logic eqs. you can hear how the are from the same family.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Benjaminjo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Its really a shame you are not getting the attention you should get. I cant believe that. As I wrote in the Rayphlex thread, you are the only one until now in the nebula world that knows how to make a compressor work. Everytime I show Nebula to someone here in my studio and they ask me about compressors, I just load one of yours and they smile instantly.
I think acustica's should pay you cause you were the only one that came out with an approach to sampling that really made a difference, a HUGE difference: from NOT working to WORKING. I could easily trash all my other libraries cause they simply DO NOT WORK. Yours? YES THEY DO.
Is it enough?
Benjaminjo
User Level III
User Level III

Postby dwagrimm » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:24 am

yes Tim, you´ve done an amazing job. first with rayhplex and again with your slick one. thank you so much. compressing up to date...
please, now the bus comp? ;)
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:05 am

Adding my voice to this. This is your little corner bro. :D. Now if you could sample a S***** ***** Mastering compressor that would make you a legend. :D. And I'm not kidding. :P
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:03 am

^^^^^!!!!!!

That would be amazing, A line in, and the comp itself would be sweet.

Quick question. Is Nebula better at sampling compressors with slower releases and attacks because of the way it works?
Definity

Postby SWANG » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:18 am

Definity wrote:
Quick question. Is Nebula better at sampling compressors with slower releases and attacks because of the way it works?

prior to cup's rayphlex, i would've said "yes". cup's tweaks changed the game.
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby WillTheWeirdo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Sample any or all of these comps please....

DW Fearn VT7
Requisite Audio LM2 or Pal Plus MK2 or 3
Manly Vari Mu original
M****y SLAM
S***** ***** Mastering comp
Retro Sta-Level
Retro 176

And a very special, just for me, please as it's one of the finest single channel comps:

Mercury 66

This is a very high end list but these are the best and all sound fantastic.
WillTheWeirdo
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Thanks Tim for this very cool compressor. It's been fun being part of the Nebula world for the past year-ish, I seem to have come into this crazy technology precisely when some very amazing changes were about to take place (and did!). All of the devs have stepped up their "game", I think, with some of the best Nebula offerings from all of them. We have seen some huge growth from some some-what new devs, like Gemini, Gene Lennon, and of course, our beloved Henry. But I think if there were some awards for Nebula development, you sir would be hands down the recipient of the "Most Earth Shaking And Revotionary New Development" award with your freakin'-awesome compressors. Thanks dude!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:24 pm

thanks for all the great compliments guys. i've just finished part B, which has the soft knee comp, and another pass-through program. this soft knee version also uses RMS style detection, whereas the hard knee one from part A uses peak style, and this is according to the hardware. with the hardware, you switch between hard knee + peak to soft knee + RMS.

also the comp and pass-through programs from part B were sampled with an eq module (actually two, since these programs are all sampled in stereo) in the chain. no eqing was actually used, it was just in there to add an ever so slight bit of color. the programs in part A did not have the eq in the chain. so all of these things should make for a bit of a different sound between the stuff in parts A and B.

price is a bit lower for this one. i just did this to make it a bit more enticing...

http://www.cupwise.com/cup/nebula-release-slick-9k-compressor-set-b-soft/
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby koda » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Bought.

Please keep compressing. Just do it. Become rich or stay poor but keep doing it and the world will be a better place ;)
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries