Login

AITB EAR Room programs are totally unusable (SOLVED)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AITB EAR Room programs are totally unusable (SOLVED)

Postby Jarno » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:42 pm

AITB EAR Room programs are totally unusable for me..

I've only tried the 44.1 kHz EAR ROOM programs so far on my Macbook pro (Intelcore i7, 2,66 GHz 8 Gig RAM) the CPU usage rises to over 100% in a second and my DAW won't even play.
When choosing a 'lighter' program, for example 'room 1', my CPU goes from 1% to 75%.
This happens as well in Logic in OSX as in Sequoia 64 bit in Windows..

I've tried all the following steps, but it doesn't make things better at all.
- I increased the DAW’s buffer size to 2048 samples
-I changed the dsp buffer in Nebula to 8192
-I've tried raising the RATE CNV to the highest.
- i'm using the latest Nebula 3 pro versions.

Normally I can run about 10 Nebula instances on 1 track without a problem.

Can someone please help me out on this?
The person at AITB stated in an e-mail that a few other customers also can't run a single instance of these EAR rooms reverb. I've seen more costumers are having problems with this. Is there any solution already?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Jarno
Jarno
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: AITB EAR Room programs are totally unusable

Postby giancarlo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:22 pm

we are testing i7 2700 and it's capable of processing 56 alexb tracks in windows, 10 is really strange, 1 even less. Which asio buffer?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby nino » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:47 pm

I'm using both E.A.R Rooms and E.A.R Halls on PC (Quad Q9550)and have no problems what so ever.
Today I'v used two instances and asio meter in Cubase barely moved up (44.1 kHz project).

Haven't tried how many I could open but the way I see it...many;)
nino
User Level X
User Level X

Postby fpoitevin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:04 pm

nino wrote:I'm using both E.A.R Rooms and E.A.R Halls on PC (Quad Q9550)and have no problems what so ever
If I'm right this problem has been only reported by OSX users (like me). Everybody seem to agree that it works fine on PC.
So, did anyone get good results with EAR 96kHz on Mac ?

Edit : by the way, I've just observed that with 1 instance of EAR Room 96kHz (osx), the whole CPU load is only on one of my 8 cores (Mac Pro 2 x 2,8GHz quadcore) which is full, generating audio drops.
fpoitevin
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Barendse » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Try to cut the tail a little bit, this will reduce the cpu load.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jeffbdavis » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:41 pm

fpoitevin wrote:If I'm right this problem has been only reported by OSX users (like me). Everybody seem to agree that it works fine on PC.

Which brings me to ask if there is any work being done on an update that officially supports OS 10.7 and 10.8?? It's been a long time and I'd really like to update to a current system. Nebula is the only thing keeping me from making the upgrade... :(
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby dagovitsj » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi!
If I'm right this problem has been only reported by OSX users (like me). Everybody seem to agree that it works fine on PC.

Perhaps it would be wise to add [Mac] in the title, so visitors/newbies interested in Nebula don't get the wrong impression and think this also goes for PC?
Just a thought.

Very happy PC EAR-user, both room and hall programs ;)
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby fpoitevin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:37 am

nebula rules my life :
I used to work with Digital Performer. I switched to Reaper because it's a lot tested with Nebula.
Now, the Mac family seems to be forgotten in the Nebula realm (V505 in which VSTs are not recognized, Heavy load of CPU with EAR library), am I about to switch to PC ???http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/posting.php?mode=reply&f=13&t=25611#
fpoitevin
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby dream » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:50 am

fpoitevin wrote:So, did anyone get good results with EAR 96kHz on Mac ?

I'm doing a test just for you, here we go:

Computer: MacBookPro - half 2010, i7 2.66 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.7.5 -
Nebula version: Pro. v 1.3.502
Daw: Cubase 7.0.2
FRT: 96000 Hz -> 44100 Hz

Result: I stopped after the 16th instance but the computer doesn't seem stressed at all. No audio dropouts so far.
FRT: 96000 Hz -> 96000 Hz

Result: until the 5th instance everything is ok, at the 6th the cpu goes crazy.

jeffbdavis wrote:Which brings me to ask if there is any work being done on an update that officially supports OS 10.7 and 10.8?? It's been a long time and I'd really like to update to a current system. Nebula is the only thing keeping me from making the upgrade... :(

I'm trying 10.8.2 which is installed in a external hard drive. I didn't do a clean install, just the upgrade from 10.7.5 to 10.8.2 with Nebula Pro (and server too) 1.3.502 already there. It seems ok with Cubase 7.0.2.
Nebula is the only, as well as for you, thing keeping me on the old system, but as I told you it seems fine.

So I don't know. I'll try it a little bit more and maybe I'll do the upgrade. Let's see. :)
Mixing Engineer | Producer | Editing Audio Expert
http://www.davidefant.com
dream

Postby jeffbdavis » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:54 am

dream wrote:I'm trying 10.8.2 which is installed in a external hard drive. I didn't do a clean install, just the upgrade from 10.7.5 to 10.8.2 with Nebula Pro (and server too) 1.3.502 already there. It seems ok with Cubase 7.0.2.
Nebula is the only, as well as for you, thing keeping me on the old system, but as I told you it seems fine.

So I don't know. I'll try it a little bit more and maybe I'll do the upgrade. Let's see. :)

Thanks for the info! I'm on 10.7.5 too, but I'd really like to upgrade to 10.8. Good to know that it's at least working on your external drive. Let us know how things go if you do a clean install... thanks again! :)

Edit: Forgot to ask if both Pro and Server versions are working for you with 10.8?
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries