Login

Best Henry Olonga libraries?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Best Henry Olonga libraries?

Postby marcpl » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:16 pm

hi,

i have a few of henry's libraries but i want to buy a bunch more but he has SO MANY at this point that it's hard to know where to begin.

are there any that you guys consider a must-have?
what are your favorites?

thanks,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Best Henry Olonga libraries?

Postby richie43 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:45 am

Lol. They are so inexpensive, and all great, buy them all eventually. If you really have to pare it down, and if you don't work at super high sample rates (192kHz!!), then I suggest eliminating the libraries that as of now (until he updates them) are only at 192kHz. There are some good ones in that category, but since ALL of them are equally great, it's a quick and definitive way to slim down the choices. Other than that, I truly recommend just buying as many as you can at any given time, no matter what you end up with, they are awesome.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:44 am

I totally could not live without these: nv summo, titan eq, e-em-eye pre, vintage 73 pre, girthy mastering out (!!!!!) and mojo, tapes, air packs, v72 pre, L2 mojo, pulteq mojo, klaritiser mojo, royer 121 mic..I must have forgotten a few. These are the most coloured and most suit my taste..
Also out of clean sounds the greatest are: G20 pre, BG1 pre.
There are lots and lots of libraries that I use and love too but those above get used on EVERY mix and almost every track.. I can't get enough of 'girthy mastering out' combined with q-clone curve adjustments.. what an eq monster! great analogue feel and warm lush tone :) happy shoppin!
lipa

Postby enigma2win » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:47 am

why stay away from 192 programs?
Doesnt Nebula upsample and then downsample to 44.1?
enigma2win
User Level III
User Level III

Postby botus99 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:13 am

Nothing wrong with the 192k libraries in 44.1k in my opinion. I can't mix anymore without his Quick Kick and Boostified Bass libraries. The tape libraries are exceptional! The BG-1, Millenium, and Vortexion pres add a great texture to nearly everything.

Really, you can't go wrong. Every library I've bought from him has exceeded my expectations and for as cheap as he charges... just buy them :mrgreen:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi Lipa,

I was thinking about checking some out too, you seem to love the 'girthy'... but which set does what, and what is the difference?

Henry Olonga – Girthy Master Bus For Nebula 192 khz

http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... la-192-khz

Henry Olonga – Girthy Mastering EQ Mojo – For Nebula 192 khz

The 'Master Bus' is newer, but does it have a flat EQ setting?
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby lipa » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:29 pm

I'm not sure if it does have eq flat setting..forgot now, different computer etc. But I would not use flat setting even if it had. Presets created by Henry are great and eq gain changes are very subtle. You don't get the feeling that the whole bus is bent.. rather "it goes in the direction" of being: easy, warm, smooth, edgy, added weight etc and does it naturally. Mojo compliments it giving flat eq and also Hi, Mid, Lo gain presets. I still prefer using the out library, even if I don't look for an eq on master or busses.. those chosen preset flavours (slight eq changes) are killer in my opinion. ;)
lipa

Postby david1103 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:41 pm

thanks for that info!

i maybe being stupid, but i am getting confused to what library is what! could you link to exactly what you call the "OUT library"?! i can find no reference to it on the site. THANKS again :)
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby davidgary73 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:45 pm

I reckon is the Girthy Master Bus = Girthy Master "OUT"put.

Gonna get it later given it's highly recommended by many here.

Just wondering if Henry will have a one day sale for Valentines Day :D :D :D
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby lipa » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Yep, that's correct. Mainly I was praising this one.. but it really does a lot for me. I use it now instead of console libraries master busses. I love this C******r flavour the most and no one sampled full E*I console yet. ;)
lipa

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries