Login

Guitar amp sims soon with Nebula ?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Guitar amp sims soon with Nebula ?

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Righto,
Thanks for the feedback. In going for realism with these the omni mic, preamp and room combo on that occasion didn't flatter. I sampled them really loud and perhaps I didn't need to. I will certainly take heed with regards to mic placement next time to stay away from shrill. :D . I would never want another 4 Watt amp to sound so bright :lol:
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi guys,

In London again soon on unrelated business but have some studio time for a small window. Need some advice from the strummers. Would like to maximise my time. This studio has an amazing collection of big amps and Cabs and I mean classic stuff.

First, I am not a guitarist. It would be great to hear from guitarists on what the best amps are out there in their opinion. They don't have everything but they have plenty of the standard classic stuff.

Second. Favourite settings if any?

This will be a custom set and I am hoping to create a truly cutting edge toolset so it would help to have end user input.

Post processing will be done through Helios, N**e, A*I, Vortexion and E*I gear. It may end up being quite large but I hope it will be one of the most realistic ITB cabs collection.

Look forward to hearing from you.
H
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Sounds fantastic Henry.. I'm striving to keep up with Your crations recently.. but it's really hard to! ;)
As a non guitarist all I can say is that my favourite amp is Helios, my favourite setting is Helios fully boosted.. oh.. and the best guitar is Helios too... :mrgreen:

oh.. by the way please sample the next Helios library in stereo.. if it's possible ;)

(edit: if Your going to studio with Helios console please please take some samples of stereo master buss out!!)
Last edited by lipa on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lipa

Postby andiw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Hey Henry,

I'm a guitar player and I'm glad if I can help.

I think we have enough 4x12 Metal cabinets in the Nebula world. What lacks IMO is some small-mid sized amps (Twin 2x12, AC30, Dumble :shock: , Deluxe, etc) with some nice mic choices (standard dyn SM57, 421, large condenser and some ribbon mics) and some ambience mics and/or behind the amp mics would be very cool.

Oh yes, we definitely need some nice bass amps/cabs!

Andreas
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby jimiyves » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi,

I'm a guitar player too.

Here are the "must have" amps :

- Vox AC-30
- Fender Twin
- Fender Deluxe
- Fender Bassman
- Roland JC-120
- Hiwatt DR103
- Marshall JTM45
- Marshall Plexi 1959
- Marshall JCM 800
- Soldano SLO
- Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier

You can add some "hi gain" amps :
- Peavey 5150, JSX 100
- Bogner XTC, Uberschall, Shiva
- Mesa Boogie Mark II C+/ Mark IV
- CAA OD-100
- VHT (Fryette)
- Engl Powerball, Fireball
- Diezel VH4

You can add some "hi end" amps :
- Dumble OD
- Matchless Chieftain
- Trainwreck Express
- Cornford RK100
- CarolAnn OD2r
jimiyves
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Formbank » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Henry,

If you were able to capture the sound of playing through an amp at high volume, that would be fantastic - the interaction of the power
amp with the speakers moving some air. Also, close mic / ambience mic combinations would be great too.

I think combos such as Fenders etc. may be more interesting than Marshalls / 4X12 cabs - but they would be cool as well ! Without stating the obvious, some representative sampling of the particular amps and combo amps would certainly be a valuable addition to the Nebula guitar libraries. A good test might be a 'fizzy' distortion / overdrive sound as input signal (if that makes any sense ?)

Good luck, I look forward to the results !
Formbank
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby botus99 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:01 pm

I'll tell you right now, Henry, there's enough 4x12 cabinets for Nebula. That's not saying "don't do any 4x12's", but as said here in the thread, some really nice 1x12/2x12 amps would be a VERY welcome addition!

If you can find nice Fenders, good bass cabs, ... anything jimiyves said really haha. Recently, I've fallen in love with the sound of 1x12's :P
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:03 pm

Are any of you using Nebula libs together with T-Racks Amplitube 3? I know it's common in this community to combine Nebula with algo plugins - but do any of you have good results with a chain of Nebula and Amblitube 3?

I see that there is a quite good offer over at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/atgb/ now and wonder if I should go for Amplitube 3 and some additonal products (Fender, Ampeg etc)?

But I see from reading this thread that S-Gear is mentioned and also OwnHammer. I don't know them and in what way S-Gear is thought to be better than Amplitube 3.

Any thoughts?
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby andiw » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:37 pm

The guitar sounds on my compositions is pretty much everything Amplitube3 and Ownhammer Neb cabs.

http://www.aj-guitar.com/royalty-free-music.html

I tried S-Gear and personally didn't like it.

The Amplitube Slash and Hendrix amps are awesome.
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby richie43 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:21 pm

andiw wrote:The guitar sounds on my compositions is pretty much everything Amplitube3 and Ownhammer Neb cabs.

http://www.aj-guitar.com/royalty-free-music.html

I tried S-Gear and personally didn't like it.

The Amplitube Slash and Hendrix amps are awesome.

Another fine example of how things like this are so subjective.... I liked Amplitube until I tried S-Gear! S-Gear is the only amp-sim I use anymore, I even uninstalled 3 other paid for amp-sims (Amplitube was one). S-Gear is the only one that sounds "ampy" to me, like I can hear air moving out of a speaker cone (not 2D and plasticy). But that's my opinion.....Try all of the free trials that are offered to you and buy what works best to your ears, not what sounds good to ours.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries