Login

Guitar amp sims soon with Nebula ?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Guitar amp sims soon with Nebula ?

Postby jimiyves » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi,

I know there are some guitar amp sims on Nebula, but nothing really as good as a real amp.

Now hard compression is possible with Nebula (Gemini for example), so can we espect someone will do really good guitar (or bass) amp sims with Nebula ? Do you know if someone is working on it ?

Thanks !
jimiyves
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Guitar amp sims soon with Nebula ?

Postby botus99 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:25 pm

I know someone who's working on some, and I got some up my sleeve too ;)
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:00 am

I have done three. I personally think they are as good as a real amp but I am obviously biased as a producer. More coming within a week I hope. No idea of make or model yet.

Here is a review from an unbiased customer on KVR. Read the bottom post and he mentions the amps

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

Michael of CDsoundmaster has also made some cracking amps. Also Ownhammer, Rhythminmind and Kalthallen. There are a few around worth checking.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby jimiyves » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:47 am

Thank you.

Henry I didn't see you had guitar amp.

But what I mean is that there are no amp distortion, only clean amp sims, aren't there ?

I bought ownhammer sims but there are only poweramps and cabs sims, no preamp.
jimiyves
User Level III
User Level III

Postby botus99 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:16 pm

Ohhhhh AMP sims, not CAB sims?

As far as I've heard/read, Nebula isn't quite there yet to capture the complexity of harmonics in a heavily distorted guitar amp.

Otherwise, SOMEONE would have hopped on that. Michael did a great sampling of a Vox, Marshall, and Ibanez amp in the (underrated) Producer's Pack 2. These are, however, not full emulations of the amp. Certain aspects of the amp were modeled and separated, but there is no ONE program modelling a guitar amplifier yet... yet 8-)
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby msp13everlasting » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:58 pm

I have Henry's Big Amp and Small Phender and I use it all the time for clean to semi overdriven material. Pairing it up with his MIC programs into a Preamp gives me a guitar sound that I haven't been able to find ITB with any other sim. I hope more amps are on the way, It would be nice to get a Buddah amp sampled for Nebula.For anything High gain I use Ownhammer cabs and Lepou sims.
msp13everlasting
User Level I
User Level I

Postby richie43 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:00 pm

msp13everlasting wrote:I have Henry's Big Amp and Small Phender and I use it all the time for clean to semi overdriven material. Pairing it up with his MIC programs into a Preamp gives me a guitar sound that I haven't been able to find ITB with any other sim. I hope more amps are on the way, It would be nice to get a Buddah amp sampled for Nebula.For anything High gain I use Ownhammer cabs and Lepou sims.

If I really have to use an amp-sim (which I try to never do, especially for high-gain stuff), I have amazing results from the Scuffman S-Gear with one of the OwnHammer Pro cabs. I have fooled some experienced producers and guitarists....(they have thanked me for using a real mic-ed up cab for some paid session work!!).
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby jimiyves » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:21 pm

As far as I've heard/read, Nebula isn't quite there yet to capture the complexity of harmonics in a heavily distorted guitar amp.

That's what I wanted to say !

Otherwise, SOMEONE would have hopped on that. Michael did a great sampling of a Vox, Marshall, and Ibanez amp in the (underrated) Producer's Pack 2. These are, however, not full emulations of the amp. Certain aspects of the amp were modeled and separated, but there is no ONE program modelling a guitar amplifier yet... yet

That's what I'm looking for !
jimiyves
User Level III
User Level III

Postby david1103 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:05 am

Not sure if this is any good as you are after an amp, but don't forget the free OwnHammer cab:

http://www.ownhammer.com/forum/thread-74.html

It's fantastic.

Nebula is not going to do the distortion, but playing through a distortion pedal into your soundcard DI into a Nebula cab sounds much better than other plug-in amp sims.
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mertayy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:37 am

I tested some cab. speaker distortion plug-ins and surprised no one hasn't sampled one yet :)
mertayy

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries