Login

Pirates !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Pirates !

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:11 am

AlexB wrote:Now I'm planning to solve this issue in an italian-mafia style :lol:

I am becoming afraid...... :shock:

Being hyper-aware is my biggest protection. But for you devs, I don't know how to even start telling you how to stop pirates. Raising awareness can help, but that has it's drawbacks even.... When people who are ok with downloading pirated software read threads like this, it makes them aware that some great Nebula libraries are now available.... sigh.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:31 am

yeah i feel that at some point this thread is just going to serve as an advertisement for the pirated stuff.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby cpwade » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:50 am

Agreed. I thought that from the start.
cpwade

Postby cpwade » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 am

timp wrote:
AlexB wrote:
richie43 wrote:I am so sorry to hear that Alex. I am not a developer, but I am a professional musician/audio person, and I have had my work "stolen", or used without me getting paid, and I know how it feels...

Richie, me too. I have a lot of songs edited by Café del Mar, they continue selling CDs without paying the artists (I'm one of these) from the 2009 !
Now I'm planning to solve this issue in an italian-mafia style :lol:

That makes three of us. I can't even say who stole my work because of the legality side of things.

Me too. My protected works are all over Chinese Mp3 websites.
cpwade

Postby Owen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:13 am

I can understand that this thread might cathartic for some, but I think the point has been made now?

Owen ;)
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cps418 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:26 am

Cupwise wrote:yeah i feel that at some point this thread is just going to serve as an advertisement for the pirated stuff.
This might sound kind of bad, but this "nebula pirate preset" thing just might be a positive thing. Seeing how the pirates all came in giant herds for the presets they must really see something strong about what these presets do. So with this full blown pirate advertisement it's now time for nebula to grow into the next generation, (PROTECTION) is the key word. Just look at "Analog In The Box". As far as i have seen very little pirating of them (protection), mucho pirating from alex
(no protection). So with an "A.I.T.B." type of protection and with this pirate advertisement a new generation of opportunity could come out of this.(But now you will be on the protection chase like "Waves" trying to keep up with the pirates.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby david1103 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:15 pm

PLEASE no more program protection!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby AlexB » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:15 pm

"IF" I decide to continue to release libraries they will be protected, as the libraries released will be updated at Ver.2 (improving sound and performance of course). But IF...
Since I don't believe in the pirate advertising (we are not Waves...) from what I see on the selling side and a lot of criticism about the not so easy use of Nebula.
Just my thought.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby sfunk » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Did any of the developers try as i suggested and ask one of the cracked sites (the site with 'news' in its names) to remove the links? As i said i have heard that place has a 'No Slate cracks" policy because Slate and crew demanded cracks to any of their stuff was not allowed (go figure how Slate has so much say over a audio cracks site.) I am really curious to see if other developers get treated the same was as Slate.
sfunk

Postby cps418 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:05 pm

AlexB wrote:"IF" I decide to continue to release libraries they will be protected, as the libraries released will be updated at Ver.2 (improving sound and performance of course). But IF...
Since I don't believe in the pirate advertising (we are not Waves...) from what I see on the selling side and a lot of criticism about the not so easy use of Nebula.
Just my thought.
It's not up to you to decide if you are waves. The people buying, and hacking your product decide. If your music product catches on real strong you will be "waves" targeted, in protection, supply and demand, prices, and maybe expansion. In your own words Alex, "IF I decide to continue to release libraries they will be protected". What made you decide that. Duh, the pirates. So it's really not up to you. And as far as "Waves", I just used the example of their piracy, not the functionality comparison of the product.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries