Login

Pirates !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Pirates !

Postby deehope » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:13 pm

SWAN wrote:I think users of cracked Nebula Pro downloading pirate libraries - may not count as a lost sale. THey might never have paid any money anyway.

I agree there should be benefits to having an official license like forum usage etc.
I agree 100% with this, from my own experience, they're not consumers they are strictly pirates. There's really no financial loss just more of the fact of knowing there's people out there using your hard work for free.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby cehas » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:53 pm

I wish I could reach out to these guys and make them see how they're damaging REALLY small developers.. I mean, mostly private people, directly.

I don't really care that much about pirating, but Nebula.. it's a sacred thing. And the bang for a buck you get is incredible. So, if you pay for anything, let this be it.

And I say this as both, a music fanatic and maker. Pirating Nebula is just not cool.
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby dwagrimm » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:36 pm

...my big hope is, all the nebula stuff supporters dont have other cracked software on the own computer...
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby richie43 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:11 am

dwagrimm wrote:...my big hope is, all the nebula stuff supporters dont have other cracked software on the own computer...

Thank you for this. I tend to be the jerk on forums with the self-righteous anti-crackware stance, so I was resisting the temptation to post the same thing that you just did.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:13 pm

SWAN wrote:I think users of cracked Nebula Pro downloading pirate libraries - may not count as a lost sale. THey might never have paid any money anyway...

It's not only a matter of money, over all is a matter of respect for the person and his work !

The funny thing of the story by these people it's to read on some warez sites that they make money by mixing with nebula cracked... People that "thank you" the cracker (a big name for this lamer) for the high quality sound by nebula and not the 3th party developers... People writing me for technical support about cracked libraries and than insult me when I reply that support is for customers only... People sending me audio demo mixed with cracked Nebula asking which library is better to use... Also a professional recording studio in Italy :!:
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby koda » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Considering the cost of both Nebula and the libraries, and considering also the value you get for that cost, it's ridicolous that professionals won't buy originals (the same to a lesser extent applies to a serious hobbist who spends every single spare minute he has doing music imho)
The other things (emails asking for support or such on cracked material) don't even need to be commented.
Again to mitigate disappontment, I'm confident that at this stage, all this has helped spread Nebula and libraries knowledge and I'm sure many more copies have been sold. Sort of free advertising really.
Then... as in every thing, it's up to the coscience of anyone. I'm a web programmer and I buy all the tools I need for my job, since I make money using them, even if I could find those cracked easily.
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:20 am

AlexB wrote:It's not only a matter of money, over all is a matter of respect for the person and his work !

The funny thing of the story by these people it's to read on some warez sites that they make money by mixing with nebula cracked... People that "thank you" the cracker (a big name for this lamer) for the high quality sound by nebula and not the 3th party developers... People writing me for technical support about cracked libraries and than insult me when I reply that support is for customers only... People sending me audio demo mixed with cracked Nebula asking which library is better to use... Also a professional recording studio in Italy :!:

I am so sorry to hear that Alex. I am not a developer, but I am a professional musician/audio person, and I have had my work "stolen", or used without me getting paid, and I know how it feels. We all work hard at what we love to do, it is a huge slap in the face when someone enjoys, benefits from, or even makes money from our labor after stealing it from us. It is no different than stealing from the grocery store, or running out of a restaurant after eating without paying. I like to believe in "the law of Karma" (what goes around comes around), and in all directions, but sometimes the proof that this law works is very elusive. Let us know if there is anything any of us can do to help curb these thieves, or even expose them. Cheers Alex!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:35 am

richie43 wrote:I am so sorry to hear that Alex. I am not a developer, but I am a professional musician/audio person, and I have had my work "stolen", or used without me getting paid, and I know how it feels...

Richie, me too. I have a lot of songs edited by Café del Mar, they continue selling CDs without paying the artists (I'm one of these) from the 2009 !
Now I'm planning to solve this issue in an italian-mafia style :lol:
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:44 am

AlexB wrote:
richie43 wrote:I am so sorry to hear that Alex. I am not a developer, but I am a professional musician/audio person, and I have had my work "stolen", or used without me getting paid, and I know how it feels...

Richie, me too. I have a lot of songs edited by Café del Mar, they continue selling CDs without paying the artists (I'm one of these) from the 2009 !

That makes three of us. I can't even say who stole my work because of the legality side of things.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby ericus » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:54 am

AlexB wrote:Richie, me too. I have a lot of songs edited by Café del Mar, they continue selling CDs without paying the artists (I'm one of these) from the 2009 !

Maybe this will scare the pirates a bit more? ;)

I'm a professional musician too and, since I'm a good reader and I'm quite versatile, I used to play on a lot of jingles back in the day. What the lady used to do (she owned the jingle company) was to pay us for the initial recording session then she would re-file another contract with the local AFM pretending that SHE played on the "new? (but they never existed) recordings. So she was making the money for all the reruns of those jingles. They were supposed to pay us half our initial fee after 13 weeks but we never received anything. And some of them aired for years and years...

I filed a complaint with the local AFM and I had to settle out of court since the local AFM was too scared of her... :? I should have called you Alex... :mrgreen:
ericus

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries