Login

Pirates !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Pirates !

Postby darren » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:50 pm

giancarlo wrote:(this is the reason of all those complcations with serial, compatibility issues and so on)

What does this mean, exactly?
darren
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Ericcc » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Great reply Henry !

Maybe you should be a lawyer as well ;)
Ericcc
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Cupwise » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Henry Olonga wrote:
For discussion as you say. . . .

Couple of thoughts.....taking a step back and considering the vast picture. This is mirky water brother

i didn't quote the whole thing because there was so much to it, but, wow! lots of really great points there Henry! i've thought about this topic myself, and to be honest, i don't think i could have ever come up with so many well thought out arguments. as you say it is a very murky area, and there are a lot of directions for thoughts to wander off into.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Ericcc wrote:I think it is funny that people that are on pirate sites, like the thread starter, bark here that software is pirated...WHAT are you doing on those sites anyway? Being hypocrite? :roll:

for discussion purpuses only:

I think we need to be very careful who we are calling pirates. Is it not so that hardware is pirated as well by the developers? All they do is send signals thru a device they don't have the intellectual property for and record and process that and SELL it.. A lot of others think that way (not at least the hardware manufacturers). To be honest, this bugs me a little. I therefore have much respect for Bricasti that allows for the making of M7 with Nebula but for FREE...

Pirates should not condemn other pirates, and this is the statement of the day ;P
I will get popcorn now... and hide :mrgreen:

you don't need to be a pirate to use google and find a website... When I google things I find a lot of pirated and * websites... this didn't prevent me to pay 1200 eur for visual studio even if a pirated copy is exposed on many websites.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby rhythminmind » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:39 am

Well it's seems I've fallen victim as well. Is it discouraging & will it affect the creation of future products? For sure. Will I lose sleep over it?, never. Pirating isn't going anywhere anytime soon, it is what it is.
On a related note: Being that I sell most of my programs individually, each order tends to be "customized". A recently made selection of purchased presets just now also happen to be floating around the net. Highly unlikely it is a coincidence. Any developers that would like this guys information for blacklisting feel free to contact me.
Last edited by rhythminmind on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com - http://popsound.com
rhythminmind

Postby AlexB » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:35 am

Thanks to these idiot-lamers with their fool piracy which kills little companies...
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby davidgary73 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:40 am

@ rhythminmind and AlexB,

Don't worry. You have us as your friends and loyal customers. We are here to support every Nebula developers.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby ludrog » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:16 am

Look! I have to say something to these stupid fuckers!I live for new nebula releases.I really mean that!
You are not doing anyone any favors by pirating nebula libraries.The prices for them are more than fair considering what you get for such a small amount of money.You are just ruining a wonderful community by doing it.You are people with no vision,no moral and no spiritual values.* YOU!!!
ludrog
User Level I
User Level I

Postby SWAN » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:38 am

I seriously doubt any legitimate Nebula users will download pirate libs. It is so disrespectful to the ethos of Nebula community.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:16 am

SWAN wrote:I seriously doubt any legitimate Nebula users will download pirate libs. It is so disrespectful to the ethos of Nebula community.

While I like to be optimistic, I do think that there will always be "legitimate" users who still download the pirated wares. I think that Nebula software will not suffer as much as standard algo plugs since the upload and download sizes are typically larger for Nebula. What would worry me even more is if the Nebula software itself gets cracked, then there will likely be a bigger surge of pirated libraries..... :(
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries