Login

Pirates !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: 3rd party libraries,is being distributed illegally.

Postby almusic » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:35 am

Ok..thanks..
I'm just worried... 8-)
almusic
User Level I
User Level I

Postby richie43 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:16 pm

jorismak wrote:And if you post something like this, remember that not only paying customers are on this board, and you point out to people that there might be alternative ways to get people's hard work.

Also, regular internet board etiquette :P, is to check for doubleposts first and join that discussion instead of starting a new topic :).

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25552

For the record, anyone can read this forum, so it is open to the entire public, even non-registered people (which is worse....)
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby almusic » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:26 pm

I request the deletion of posts.

Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.
almusic
User Level I
User Level I

Re: I request the deletion of posts.

Postby richie43 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:39 pm

Hmm... I just checked and I am able to edit my post above your last one. Is the edit button not present on your posts when you are signed in?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Pirates !

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:09 pm

I merged your posts from that similar thread over here guys.

Also if you don't see an edit button or other functions, make sure you are signing in through this: http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3

Makes all the difference 8-)
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby Thierr7 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:41 am

Hi Guys !

There is something about most protections i really don't like ; that's what Henry mentioned in this thread earlier ! . It's very simple ; you buy a sofware or a library or anything else but you're actually NOT the owner. you can't be 100 % sure that you'll be able to use it in the future because you changed computer or just the main HDD !

Although I'm quiet confident with the future of Nebula which is growing all the time and thanks to the effort on the new site , we're now able to get a new .aut right away !
But what abt protected libs by 3rd party ; I bought plenty of libs from AITB and discovered here they were down for a few months ... I was lucky enough not to need new .auts at the time but how abt ppl who needed new auts ? I would've been really pissed off ...

Most of 3rd party dev. have a good service for that but i feel "funny" abt AlexB that tells you : "This is one time download " He sure is one of the very best and it would be foolish not to backup his "gems" but still , anything could happen and i'm not sure he'll be pleased to get a mail saying " please send me a link for all the libs i bought from you ( almost everything )... "

I own two great synths from U-he (Zebra and Diva) and that good old protection is fair : i know i'd be able to install the synths anywhere , anytime without any internet conection ... but i also know that i'd rather not share my synths with anybody because he'll know for sure who shared ;)

Sincerly , All the best and long life to Nebula which is a real breakthrough in the DAW world and opened my ears for mixing.

Thierry.
Thierr7

Postby Antonello » Thu May 01, 2014 10:53 am

Thierr7 wrote:Hi Guys !

There is something about most protections i really don't like ; that's what Henry mentioned in this thread earlier ! . It's very simple ; you buy a sofware or a library or anything else but you're actually NOT the owner. you can't be 100 % sure that you'll be able to use it in the future because you changed computer or just the main HDD !

Although I'm quiet confident with the future of Nebula which is growing all the time and thanks to the effort on the new site , we're now able to get a new .aut right away !
But what abt protected libs by 3rd party ; I bought plenty of libs from AITB and discovered here they were down for a few months ... I was lucky enough not to need new .auts at the time but how abt ppl who needed new auts ? I would've been really pissed off ...

Most of 3rd party dev. have a good service for that but i feel "funny" abt AlexB that tells you : "This is one time download " He sure is one of the very best and it would be foolish not to backup his "gems" but still , anything could happen and i'm not sure he'll be pleased to get a mail saying " please send me a link for all the libs i bought from you ( almost everything )... "

I own two great synths from U-he (Zebra and Diva) and that good old protection is fair : i know i'd be able to install the synths anywhere , anytime without any internet conection ... but i also know that i'd rather not share my synths with anybody because he'll know for sure who shared ;)

Sincerly , All the best and long life to Nebula which is a real breakthrough in the DAW world and opened my ears for mixing.

Thierry.

Hi Thierry,
you describe the as-is situation, but...we are working in background on many projects; 2-3 of these are:
- simplify the protection system
- guarantee that the libraries of our customers will be covered by Acustica directly
- enhance the users experience.

I can't tell more...but as we told...the 2014 will be a great year for Acustica and our customers...
Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Postby Mauri » Thu May 01, 2014 11:54 am

That sounds good, Antonello, thumbs up!

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby koda » Thu May 01, 2014 1:07 pm

>>> enhance the user experience

Love :)

>>>I can't tell more...but as we told...the 2014 will be a great year for Acustica and our customers...

Love :)
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby ianc » Fri May 02, 2014 11:54 am

havn't had time to read much of this thread yet but anything other than ilok please
Shouldn't see restricting parts of forum a problem but who would need it with aqua plugs
Not that I'm typical or untypical but if you want great sounding tools you need to support them and I love doing so, other companys I've used I've felt ripped off with like not being offered a upgrade path and other issues, but I would love to have the funds to throw money at you guys just to help out, I buy what I need when I can and learn to live with not getting all I want. Having recently bought a henry bundle it will be a while before I get those impulses to buy just to grow the collection, but as you guys get better at making them and nebula/nat engines gets improved then I'll look to acquire what I need with those naturally. Some impulses are worth giving in to :)
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries