Login

Pirates !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Pirates !

Postby davidgary73 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Just a thought. Nebula own libraries which has 100's of presets that can only be read by the files sent by Giancarlo right?

Is there a possible way to imprint the 3rd party software protection in the files send by Giancarlo? Meaning the next Nebula updates, we upload our ser file again and we receive the new files that has the 3rd party software protection.

So without these files, 3rd party software can't be seen or read unless the file exist. This eliminates any developers from making CP.

This is only a suggestion or an idea.

Cheers
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby cpwade » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:16 pm

davidgary73 wrote:Is there a possible way to imprint the 3rd party software protection in the files send by Giancarlo?

Like a watermark. Henry mentioned that also. Best idea yet.
cpwade

Postby cpwade » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:20 pm

lordnielson wrote:I wonder if the hardware companies would have liked to use copyright protection ?

After all we are copying their (for some lifelong) work. Cheaply and conveniently spreading them to the masses.

The irony.. Thanks for saying it. It's a slippery slope indeed.
cpwade

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:34 pm

dwagrimm wrote:...oh yes please make a copyprotection and make it more difficult or problematic to your customers yes please...
here a small information, every copyprotection was / is cracked in final. people they dont want to pay the developers without a cp will not pay the developers with a cp. you make it only difficult to the "payer´s". thanks.

...the best is an use of ilok... then I´m definitaly gone...

yes I dont like it to pay for stuff and other use the same stuff for "free" as cracked version yes but are you realy sure a cp will stop that? send a question to waves or softube or plugin aliance or else. are they 100% safe with a cp? I dont think so.

please push your stuff and dont wast your time with the wrong question. how much people here pay for the developers stuff? not enough? we all will lose some things sometimes . sometimes more sometimes less. thats not nice but it is. hey alexb thats the best way if you dont support the user they dont pay you. you do it right. yes thats cool but do you realy belife a cp make it better to you? and you can be sure I respect you and your work. you are my favorite developer.

I think the best way is if the developers act as one and contact activ the crackers pages. some will respect your work and cancel your cracked stuff. they do.

This is actually well put. Nicely worded and passionate.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby marcpl » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:35 pm

FWIW i just wanted to point out that IMHO nebula has the most loyal customer base in the audio plugin industry.

i hope the developers don't lose site of that.

best,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby koda » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:17 pm

I just think it's weird that most haven't realized that the majority of people don't trust "cracked" stuff or "warez" sites. This majority sentiment has been instilled in folks for many years now. If you look at every single official forum for every single pro-audio product, you will find that people with troubleshooting problems are first (and often) told to ensure they have no cracked stuff, because they contain viruses that will destroy their computers, and/or that these cracked items could be the reason for their DAW's instability and malfunction. I'm kinda surprised that most people don't seem to realize this reality that folks who purchase software will continue to purchase software, and that these "crack" sites will not hinder their businesses. Substantively, the only thing that it could really do is heighten the presence of a product through word-of-mouth because, as I said before, those who are inclined to purchase are typically people who have purchased before, and they don't enjoy taking huge risks like getting their stuff compromised by viruses, keyloggers, or being plagued by instability and perpetual malfunction. This is simply a fact.
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby richie43 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:51 pm

koda wrote:I just think it's weird that most haven't realized that the majority of people don't trust "cracked" stuff or "warez" sites. This majority sentiment has been instilled in folks for many years now. If you look at every single official forum for every single pro-audio product, you will find that people with troubleshooting problems are first (and often) told to ensure they have no cracked stuff, because they contain viruses that will destroy their computers, and/or that these cracked items could be the reason for their DAW's instability and malfunction. I'm kinda surprised that most people don't seem to realize this reality that folks who purchase software will continue to purchase software, and that these "crack" sites will not hinder their businesses. Substantively, the only thing that it could really do is heighten the presence of a product through word-of-mouth because, as I said before, those who are inclined to purchase are typically people who have purchased before, and they don't enjoy taking huge risks like getting their stuff compromised by viruses, keyloggers, or being plagued by instability and perpetual malfunction. This is simply a fact.

While I appreciate your positive out-look, I have to disagree. I am in correspondence with studios all over the world, and may of them. And you would be surprised at how many (MANY!!) professional studios use tons of crack-ware in their money making. I am always shocked because as you said, it is risky. And you are indeed correct that most people are aware of the risks they are putting to their system. But unfortunately tour positive thoughts, in my opinion based on experience, are merely positive thoughts and not reality. I wish you were correct, and I wish that developers could worry less about their hard work being usurped and not paid for. But I have seen many developers get hit very hard by software piracy, I have even known a few that it made enough of a difference that they had to quit making the cool software that I loved using. And that is the biggest shame in this. So as much as I WANT to agree with your "Hey devs, it won't hurt your business" positive feelings, I can't agree at all because it does indeed hurt their wallets. Ask Alex..... every time even one person downloads a cracked library, that is a loss of income and a huge slap in the face.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby dwagrimm » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:42 am

richie you are right. I know some "pro" studios too with a huge number of cracked software. crazy, the musicbusiness is crying about thieved music. but this music is made with thieved equipment? How we say here: the fish is smelling from the head...
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:50 am

dwagrimm wrote:richie you are right. I know some "pro" studios too with a huge number of cracked software. crazy, the musicbusiness is crying about thieved music. but this music is made with thieved equipment? How we say here: the fish is smelling from the head...

Yup. And the crazy thing is that I bet each of us has witnessed at least one studio doing this in each of our respective cities, which seems to indicate that it is not a small matter. I personally have been in more than 5 studios in the Minneapolis/St Paul area just recently that had some, and that was out of the 7 I was in.... the odds are not looking good, at least not here in snowy Minnesota. On a humorous note though, one of the studios I was in (doing session tracking) and the cracked plugins came to our attention not because of any system issues, but the plugins had some kind of tracker software, legit I presume, and some kind of authority-type figure dropped by to bust them with fines and temporary shut-down until they flushed the system of their product. It was actually funny, in a perverse way. Justice in a small scale.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby koda » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 am

I spent more than 200$ in the last 2-3 weeks and I'm just a very easy going hobbist, like doing a song each 7-8 YEARS, because I have many other hobbies as well and I like to rotate between them (and I don't have money to throw out of the window).
I really don't understand why a professional working with Nebula and considering how cheap the libraries are shoudln't buy originals.
At the end it's just a matter of coscience, since everything can be cracked sooner or later (unless you go iLok2 wich at the moment seems to resist since none of the audio pirates wants to invest time/person to crack it).
By the way I firmly stand on the point that the public released nebula programs on audio warez sites did a big advertising to the whole nebula world.
Now for sure a far wider audience knows this project.
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries