Login

Pirates !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Pirates !

Postby SpliffSplaff » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Wouldnt some kind of Watermarking help? I think Gene Lennons Verbs have that. Or is that too much of an effort?
SpliffSplaff
User Level III
User Level III

Postby joshuagomez » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:52 pm

I think cracked version of Nebula Pro doesn't work with A.Audio's commercial libraries,right?

If A.Audio owners can do something like this for 3.Party developers,it could be good,i guess.

Is this possible?
joshuagomez
User Level II
User Level II

Postby david1103 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:38 pm

It was inevitable, and only proves that Nebula is getting more popular.

Henry has it right, copy protection is total bullshit and I am also 100% against it. I will almost certainly not buy a product with any more copy protection than a serial no, that's me 'voting with my wallet'. Some of the very best audio software is serial only now, its the future. Diva, Reaper, Valhalla reverbs... All inexpensive too, these companies have reached the same conclusion.

When these 'piracy' debates come up it is always interesting to see people moralising, it reminds me of 'let he who is without sin, cast the first stone'. Lets refine our own ethics and not worry about what other people do with their lives. Lead by example.

Back in the day I collected pirate plug-ins like a kid collects stamps. I was an idiot. I spent more time trying to keep them all up-to-date than learning how to use them. It was all a total waste of time in the end, now I only buy and use a few good ones, much better for me and the developers who sell them! I had to learn that, if I went back in time to tell myself I would have said 'f off you old fogey' to my future self. You just can't tell people what to do, they have their own reasons, you can only offer guidance and show how it helps them and everyone else.

I would estimate about 95% of pirate downloads were never going to be sales, It may seem like an outrage that the Nebula developers seem to be getting robbed so blatantly, but its nowhere near as bad as it appears, even if there was a 'nebula every program' torrent, the nebula community spirit is too strong to buckle :D

You can’t legislate morality, and you can never stop piracy, so lets forget about it.
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby MegaDude » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Thank you, Mr. Olonga.
MegaDude
User Level II
User Level II

Postby kelu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi everyones ,

Sad news and not in fact , it means that more people will know about how good that plug in is .they are few libraries cracked wich works only wth the cracked version of nebula so 80 % remain uncracked , they even done the CM edition which is useless in some sense if you got the pro version.

Most of the serious user support giancarlo and the devs
especially if you're dependant wth nebula , you need the user support but it is true that many studios use cracked plug in , i ve seen it in some serious places in France .But in fact 95 % got protools so i highly doubt you ll see any vst s out there.
And passionate guys like this community permit to develop some business so it isn t a big deal i think.
Anyway i ll still buyin some libraries as all the other guys on this forum.Quality vs quantity ???

My 2 cents
kelu
User Level I
User Level I

Postby mertayy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:49 pm

I'm actually surprised it took so long :) so finally few bad apples came into the community huh...

I'll say %90 of pirate plug-in users will find nebula too complex, hard to use or think it does nothing to the sound and erase what they downloaded eventually :) most are kids looking for unreal magic for their crappy songs so if I were a developer I wouldn't worry :)
mertayy

Postby cehas » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Well, I can see a certain AITB and AlexB products on a certain audio related pirate blog right now, both posted within a week.

I think its OUR duty to talk sense to anybody who we know is pirating these (about the way it's hurting small devs, usually just private persons who are audio enthusiasts).

Bad, bad, BAD! Just try to collect the bread, most of the libraries are SO cheap.
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby lordnielson » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:18 am

mertayy wrote:I'll say %90 of pirate plug-in users will find nebula too complex, hard to use or think it does nothing to the sound and erase what they downloaded eventually :) most are kids looking for unreal magic for their crappy songs so if I were a developer I wouldn't worry :)

Agreed.
lordnielson

Postby JDavies » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:15 am

I love the whole nebula feeling of community and pursuit of excellence and for that reason I will continue to support as many programmer libraries as I can, even if I end up using only a few. The more we encourage the toolmakers the more likely we are to get the right tools for our specific needs in the long run.
JDavies
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Definity » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:51 am

Their must be a way to put a unique id set of codes in each program to identify which user the program originated from.
Definity

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries