Login

Which preamps from Olonga?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Which preamps from Olonga?

Postby joshuagomez » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:29 pm

I have Free G20 DI and Model 1 OUT libraries.I love Model 1 OUT!

Now i need some preamps.Olonga has lots of preamps.But i can't choose.Is there anyone to tell me about his preamps?

And i want to buy NVE PRE 73 from Gemini.How is it?

Thanks!
joshuagomez
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Which preamps from Olonga?

Postby lipa » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:14 am

I particulary love and use these the most: Vintage73 (I haven't tried the gemini version yet.. but it's not a vintage unit..), V72 (siemens, three channels included), Titan Eq preamp (NoEq Pre Mid2 preset is my go to Helios sound!) but also the portico channel is very very nice - forgot the name (5033 mojo i think - i know it's not a preamp but it sounds good). Same goes for Girth Masterbus - the most awesome C******r color from Henry's pallete (although there are E*I/tg preamp samplings as well available..).

These are very colorful preamps - there are however very nice clean preamps too: G20 (GML), A****n, Millenia.. all good (GML stands out!) but I like vintage sounds. 8-)
lipa

Postby botus99 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:33 am

I have 2 answers for you:

1. They ALL are awesome and all have their uses. I haven't tried them all, but brother how I wish I owned them all!

2. Out of the ones I own, the Vortexion adds a very unique crispness to the sound that I love on pretty much anything. The Channel Strip Pre is VERY good for that type of flavor. My FAVORITE to use is the BG1. It's not the best for everything, but when its right... :mrgreen: I don't have the G20 Pre, but I have several of the G20 quickmix programs and the texture of them is AWESOME! Very detailed and it really colors the sound in a very transparent way (I know that "contradicts" itself, but its really a special piece)

If I were you, I would get as many as you can haha
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby joshuagomez » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:00 pm

WOW!

Thanks for advices!

I can't choose which i buy,yet.

Which preamp library really close to original unit? Not only Olonga's.
joshuagomez
User Level II
User Level II

Postby deehope » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 pm

I'm the worst when it comes to GAS, I covet hardware gear like a crack addict lol Henry's preamps are so good that I honestly don't care when I get more hardware pre's. I have the E-M-EYE, NV Vintage, AyPeyEye,1959 v72A, the valve Channel and both the G20 and NV vocality. All amazing. I've never used a vintage NV but the NV vintage has a better tone then the vintech 573 I owned.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Cupwise » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:59 pm

they are all great (i dont have all but i'm sure the rest are as good as the ones i do have). some may be better suited towards whatever sound you have in mind and want to achieve, but his prices are so low that you really can't lose. just but a handful that seem to have a nice variety, and play with them for a while.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby joshuagomez » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks!

I will buy all Olonga's preamps,i guess. :mrgreen:
joshuagomez
User Level II
User Level II

Postby mpodrug » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:33 am

my fav one: N**e into A*I. but yeah, get them all, you won't regret!
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby lipa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:18 pm

yeah.. how could I forget the Dav BG1.. it is one of the best clean ones for sure! happy shopping! ;)
lipa

Return to 3rd party libraries