Login

Best Nebula Compressor for 2bus duties?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Best Nebula Compressor for 2bus duties?

Postby Barendse » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:06 pm

SWANG wrote:^funny you should show up in this thread, tim. i was just about to recommend your rayphlex library for 2 buss compression. i used it to parallel comp my 2 buss on a mix i did recently. what a pleasure it was to hear the results! i'll be happy to share them here soon, but in the meantime, i highly recommend it to anyone looking for quick, clean and warm 2 buss compression in nebula.

Rayplex works!
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Masr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:14 am

I hear people speaking about NebulaCompressor.dll, but I cannot find more information about that. How should i tweak Nebula to improve its behavior with compressors? Thanks.
Masr
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby botus99 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 am

Masr wrote:I hear people speaking about NebulaCompressor.dll, but I cannot find more information about that. How should i tweak Nebula to improve its behavior with compressors? Thanks.

You have to create your own NebulaCompressor.dll (through copy/pasting or using Nebula Set-ups). The instructions are in Gemini Audio's KultComp User Manual.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby Gemini Audio » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Here is an instruction for creating Nebula Compressor. It can only be used with KultComp and G76.

Create a copy of your Nebula plugin file (Not Nebula Reverb) and its respective xml file. Rename them both to „Nebula Compressor“. Open the xml and add <UP> 1 </UP> right below <MAGIC> xxx </MAGIC>. Now change the <PROGRAMRATE> value from 2000 to 100 and save it. You have just created Nebula Compressor which you can load the „NC“ versions with.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby rods » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi, is it possible to use Nebula Reverb to create a Nebula Compressor?

Is there any problem if I change the name of "Nebula3CoreII64.dll" to "Nebula3.dll" so that I can open the same session in Samplitude 32bit and 64bit?
Thanks
Rods
rods
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Masr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Gemini Audio wrote:Here is an instruction for creating Nebula Compressor. It can only be used with KultComp and G76...

Thanks. :)
Masr
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby enigma2win » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:59 am

Its funny, after experimenting with the Rayphlex and Fenix..
I gotta say, they each have their own strengths and weaknesses..

The Fenix is very clean and adds a very nice 3D image to tracks. But lacks a bit of punch.

The Rayphlex, doesnt have such a nice 3D image as the Fenix does, but it sure does have that nice creamy tube sound to it + adds good punch!

I was in a big dilemma...Since i produce electronic music, I was never too sure which one to use...Because i needed that texture from the Fenix but also the punch from the aweome Rayphlex...

Tried putting one after the other, applying max 2db compression on each...And what do u know...The result came back with the best of both worlds! The nice fenix sound with the punchyness of the rayplex...

The Best two compressors..PERIOD
enigma2win
User Level III
User Level III

Postby jkervin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:12 pm

enigma2win wrote:Its funny, after experimenting with the Rayphlex and Fenix..

The Fenix is very clean and adds a very nice 3D image to tracks. But lacks a bit of punch.

The Rayphlex, doesnt have such a nice 3D image as the Fenix does, but it sure does have that nice creamy tube sound to it + adds good punch!

I was in a big dilemma...Since i produce electronic music, I was never too sure which one to use...Because i needed that texture from the Fenix but also the punch from the aweome Rayphlex...

Tried putting one after the other, applying max 2db compression on each...And what do u know...The result came back with the best of both worlds! The nice fenix sound with the punchyness of the rayplex...

Awesome post and input! I've been thinking about buying an outboard compressor for the my 2 buss, but will hold off until I try this I picked up Rayplex a few days ago, and Fenix is next. THANKS!!!
Jon
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Postby enigma2win » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:51 am

jkervin wrote:
enigma2win wrote:Its funny, after experimenting with the Rayphlex and Fenix..

Awesome post and input! I've been thinking about buying an outboard compressor for the my 2 buss, but will hold off until I try this I picked up Rayplex a few days ago, and Fenix is next. THANKS!!!
Jon

No problem!
Ive recently purchased the DME from signaltonoize, and its also pretty awesome on the 2bus! Im actually favouriting it over the rayphlex and fenix to be honest. Tighter bottom end!
enigma2win
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Melon_Jack » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Did you change settings in MAST page? I tryed a few demo compessor and cannot say what i'm impressed. AlexB 76D is clippin, Gemini Audio 76 is to soft, and it's like no compession, it's strange. Focus Comp - not bad on very low GR, but nothing special. I've worked with real 1176, bus compressor on Studer and S*L, CL1B and nebula is heaven and hell with comparsion to real world compressors. Sometimes algo compressors works better (Logic comp suddenly). Maybe i'm doing something wrong or have a bad settings? Tried settings from Gemini - almost same result. =(((((
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries