AlexB - MPeQ released !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AlexB - MPeQ released !

Postby AlexB » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Hello !

MPeQ released !
(Vintage Mo.og Parametric eQ)

SAMPLED AT 96kHz AND 44.1kHz with the whole imperfections by the original hardware: a really nightmare-sampling !!! :lol:

MPeQ

The Bassy Sound
Designed in the '70 era by Moog, this rare 2 unit rack is a clean parametric equalizer and it is revered even today for its performance and quality, especially on electric bass, synth bass, electric guitars, synthesizers and voice. The line amp has a drive knob which gives harmonic saturation up to 10dB, the bell filters allow to cut and boost to over 20dB.

The units has been refurbished with audio grade capacitors.

. Basic programs with full dynamics and harmonic content: 3 kernels
. Special programs without harmonic distortion: 1 kernel
. Low Bell : variable from 31Hz to 250Hz +/-20dB variable Q from 0.25 to 4
. Low Mid Bell : variable from 250Hz to 800Hz +/-20dB variable Q from 0.25 to 4
. High Mid Bell : variable from 800Hz to 5kHz +/-20dB variable Q from 0.25 to 4
. High Bell : variable from 5kHz to 16kHz +/-20dB variable Q from 0.25 to 4
. ByPass line amp clean with real saturation control
. ByPass line amp driven with real saturation control
. All imperfections by vintage analog gear has been retained
. Over 430MB library programs

Programs characteristics and details in the :MPeQ User Manual

>>> Free Demo available.

PLEASE update your Nebula plugin at the very last release !

Silver customers get 20% discount, see on the webpage and place an order with webmail form if you want to take advantage from this offer (and please, be patient: the order will be processed manually in less than 24h. I don't live in front of the computer...) :mrgreen:
(otherwise if you can't wait you can buy-and-pay at full price (i.e. without discount, sorry) and get instant download) 8-)

Customers will receive an informative email also.

Thank you, all the best ! ;)
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Re: AlexB - MPeQ released !

Postby SWAN » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:59 pm

very cool. this has been a long time coming...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:09 pm

I actually used to have access to this hardware back in the early 80's, and always loved using it on synths and guitars. I had the pleasure of helping Alex test this library, and I gotta say that this one nails the sound, behavior, and that elusive "vibe" of the hardware. Do we really need ANOTHER Nebula eq.... :shock: ? YES WE DO!!! :lol: It seems that we are in the very beginning of what I have been calling a digital audio revolution, and we Nebula users get some of the best and technologically advanced tools. This new eq from Alex is such a tool, it is super clean, yet not sterile at all. It can give your bass and synths an awesome "ooomph", guitars a cutting presence, and will sound great on anything you throw it on. I have not found a source that it doesn't fit on, for real!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Michael Homa » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:03 pm

Thank you Alex and Richie, I'm looking forward to this!

Michael
Michael Homa
User Level I
User Level I

Postby botus99 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:09 pm

This looks yummmmmmy! :P

My father's a big fan of that company and that sound, he'll be excited to hear this!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:35 pm

This special EQ has wild "WIDTH" (broad Q at 0.25 and narrow Q at 4 for a Parametric EQ). So many musical possibilities hide within the non-linearity. I tried them on acoustic guitar, bass, synth, and even vocal, incredible results!!

Oh the lovely colors :)
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Yes it's awesome eq. My new favourite Alex eq! Not too colored but characterful at the same time! The lows can be very BIIIIIG (bigger than any A*I for nebula). Mids can be pushed a lot without being too harsh. You get a lot of control with width/Q knob. I mean A LOT! More than with other eqs. So, while I thought this eq would be a one trick pony with too much color..it's actually the opposite. It's a very universal tool for everyday mixing with a strong but unobtrusive vintage flavour.
lipa

Postby delchambre » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Hi Alex, as asked on facebook (perhaps a better place here)
Do you plan to create combos with your eq to get a 3 bands for example (I used it with the Kult compressor from Gabriel and it's so great, but perhaps it's a stupid question with eq ?).

Also if you plan to try to get the magic from the S***** mountains Mistifying kompressor, it 'll be great (to me and probably to others too, but perhaps too complicated because of opto+discrete) ?

however thank's for your good job, in love with your modern white serie, fenix, etc ...
delchambre
User Level I
User Level I

Postby lipa » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 am

.. I believe that for most of Alex eqs it can't be done since they are mostly fully parametric which means that there's simply too many samples and combinations involved.. and the preset would be too heavy for our computers to useful. Even eqs without Q knob can have combos made always with a degree of compromise.. (eg. aitb A*I has in one combo only +4 db oh 3khz and +3 db of 50hz for example.. so the freq are fixed and gain is only a few dbs in one direction). But yeah, I agree - combos are handy and speed up workflow..who knows maybe in the future alex will do some of them.. ;)
lipa

Postby giomasino » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 am

Hello folks
I'm relatively new in the Nebula world. And I'm really fascinated by it. I was wondering if you could give me some advice about what EQ to buy among the fantastic AlexB eqs. I'm demoing them with the available demos on line, but it is hard to decide, they all seem very good, and of course the demos have limitations. I mostly do acoustic, very sparse mixes. Acoustic guitars, vocals, some percussion, a little bass, not much else. No electronic stuff at all. I have the stock Eqs in my daw (studio one) so I'm looking for some ... personality and color, so to speak. I can only afford a couple of Eqs for now. What would be your suggestion? Thanks a lot
J.
giomasino
User Level 0
User Level 0

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries