Login

AITB releases E.A.R. (Epic Acoustics Reverb)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AITB releases E.A.R. (Epic Acoustics Reverb)

Postby mr.tele » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:56 pm

analoginthebox.com wrote:Thanks for posting that workaround, but I think the problem should be solved from the core...

Agreed. I'm not having any problem with the library myself, but if the problem is a low powered computer, this method works quite well.
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jpchartrand » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 pm

I'm also experiencing the same issue with the 96k reverb library.

I'm running i7 with 16gb of ram. I load one instance of nebula with one of the 96k presets and my cpu runs through the roof. I can't even play audio.

How can we fix this?
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jpchartrand » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Even the preview version are destroying my audio.

My nebula dpsbuffer is at 8092
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Dogbite » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:44 pm

analoginthebox.com wrote:Please contact us at support@analoginthebox.com, not here! We can't track and fix things here and are off-topic because this is 100% NOT a library problem!

Best to contact through their support to be fair to AITB, otherwise set-up issues might mislead people about the quality of this reverb, which IS first class!

:)
Dogbite
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby jpchartrand » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:48 pm

I respectfully disagree. I wish I would have known that my top of the line computer couldn't support the 96k library.

If someone knows a trick to make this work, this is the perfect place to share it.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby analoginthebox.com » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:19 pm

@jpchartrand:

Did you read what I wrote?
If you need support, send us an email please!

When you're having the descibed issues there seems to be something wrong with your Nebula settings, not the library!

You could replace the all included vectors with silence and it would cause the same issues.. :geek:

Seriously, I can't help you if you only post that you are using a DSPbuffer setting of 8092 but the library still is "destroying your audio". I need more info!

Again, get in touch with us or Giancarlo directly to receive help!
Last edited by analoginthebox.com on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jpchartrand » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 pm

k first of all relax. Take a deep breath. No need for the attitude.

This a nebula forum where we discuss third party libraries. In this case we are discussing yours. We're all saying it's good but it's an absolute cpu killer.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Definity » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Hmm strange to me this is not a big at all in fact when I load any library at the highest buffer (8192) it barley touches 1% even the guitar room.

I had 6 different rooms loaded (Full rooms not the PREV) up and it was touching about 8%

Great Job Micro, I can see what you said about it not being hardware specific, it does sound like a few different pieces of hardware to me, and some sound completely unique!
Definity

Postby dagovitsj » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:00 am

Happy user here also!
But I had some serious trouble yesterday where the EAR was causing spikes and ate a lot of CPU - but I was wrong!

@jpchartrand: from my experience it's not a CPU killer, at least not at my system (see my signature to look at my motherboard, CPU etc).

I was using buffersize on my soundcard: 512
and DSPBUFFER size: 512 in my NebulaIICore64Reverb xml. Changed it to 1024 to avoid spikes when using Guitarroom.

But I got spikes and problems when loading several instances of Nebula withe EAR.

Solution:
1) I increased the DSPBUFFER size to: 8192, and kept 512 buffersize on my soundcard - and now I can load 6 instances of EAR (Perc Room, Posit 1,2,3, Guitar room, Small Vox Room) - and VST Performance only shows 4% or so! Wow, what an improvement.

I work in 44.1 kHz, 32 bit float, so now I'm going to try 96 kHz too, although I don't usually work in that sample rate.

2) Turn off your TT DynamicRangeMeter 1.4 - I always have this activated on my master buss - and turning this off - got rid of the spikes, very strange! Can any reproduce that?

Hope this info can help someone!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Dogbite » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:31 am

dagovitsj wrote:
Solution:
1) I increased the DSPBUFFER size to: 8192

WooHoo!!

Exactly this! Now running 96k smooth as silk.

Thanks! :D
Dogbite
User Level VI
User Level VI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries