Login

AITB releases E.A.R. (Epic Acoustics Reverb)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AITB releases E.A.R. (Epic Acoustics Reverb)

Postby ngarjuna » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:11 am

RJHollins wrote:Without putting a developers in any possible harms way, I too want to know the specific hardware sampled.

That is what makes NEBULA unique [if only in partial capture]. The gear sampled is often times equipment I've used. I choose them because of my experience, and choose NEBULA because we have the closest emu of that specific piece....
just my preference.

Agreed. I will also buy it (right now I think actually) and I know and love the AITB guys. But I still want to know every and any detail from under the hood no matter how seemingly arcane or useless...I think that's why I became an engineer. It is 100% their choice to share the info or not, I'm not complaining. Just agreeing that it is desired.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby fpoitevin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:15 am

I'd like to know what piece it is too, even if it has nothing to do with what I'm going to do with it (I try mixing with my ears, not with my eyes....). Nebula is a kind of "hardware demo" for me. I've been mixing ITB and I start buying or building hardware. With Nebula programs, I can check how the real hardware sounds, compare and try in different configuration. Then, if I like, I buy or I try to clone if possible. That's why the name could help me improve my technical culture.
Sounds great, anyway ...
fpoitevin
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby jpchartrand » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm

so I bought yesterday and had a little download glitch...I was only able to download the 44k version of the 1st file. I wrote to AITB and they said I should try again and it should work. I'm not worried as they have good support. The auth process is a #@%@#% pain in the a$$ but whatever...

I was blown away (once again) by a Neb library. These reverbs are insane. The rooms actually sound like rooms! Incredible library once again.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby lipa » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:28 pm

I've also have to admit it's a great sounding library!! :D

.. I don't agree however that aitb authorisation is pain in the ass.. it isn't!!! it's the easiest and fastest authorisation system I could think of. three clicks of a mouse, no waiting for someone to process it manually.. no problem.

Waiting for someone to point out that hardware.. please. ;)
lipa

Postby analoginthebox.com » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Waiting for someone to point out that hardware.. please.

This is not a direct response to you, lipa, but to stop that guessing...

Some of the early Nebula adopters might remember the "Tonemask" demos which caused a stir back int the first days of Nebula.
We continue with the policy we introduced on those: For reverb units we will not refer to any names/brand and we won't do it in the future.

Tonemask, Phonocamptica, E.A.R. ... No one knows and this won't change.

If you don't like that policy:
No one forces you to participate in this thread or even buy the library.

So, please stay on topic and discuss the E.A.R. library, not any possible hardware brands.

@jpchartrand: Glad to hear it worked! :)

Would be really helpful to us if you respond our last email: What browser were you using?
Important information to us as this kind of issue has never been reported so far and we need to investigate.
Last edited by analoginthebox.com on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby robsogge » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:34 pm

I really don't care what hardware has been sampled, as long as the programs sound good... unless you want to impress your friends :D I don't see the point, all legal stuff left aside
robsogge
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jpchartrand » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:11 pm

@ AITB: Apologies for the delay. I was using Safari. I can't try again because I'm at work. I will try again tonight and send you another e-mail. Thanks for the support!
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby analoginthebox.com » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Ok, thanks for reporting back!
We'll check Safari. What version?
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby woeischris » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Aaaarrrggghhh! Just finished my new album, I wish this had been out a few weeks ago!
woeischris

Postby lipa » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:20 pm

sorry AITB, I didn't read that policy I guess.. I totally respect that especially since You tweaked those hardware captures with nebula to sound different/better. Thanks for giving us such great sounds!! :) I will definitely be buying all of them..
lipa

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries