Login

AITB releases E.A.R. (Epic Acoustics Reverb)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AITB releases E.A.R. (Epic Acoustics Reverb)

Postby mightymosaic » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Hey thanks for the quick response. Yea I'm 100% sure its ear , I watch the vst loading box. It loads every other nebula program and others without an issue. As soon as ear pops up it crashes the program. My ram and CPU are fine.
mightymosaic

Postby richie43 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:12 pm

I am a Reaper user, and have learned that the FX loading indications are sometimes not "caught up" visually, so this does not mean that it is definitely the EAR libraries. Are you on Windows? If so, check your event log and see if it says what crashed Reaper. And is this one particular project, or more than one? If more than one, is there any specific EAR preset that is on more than one project that is crashing? If it is not crashing every time, I still think it may be possible hardware (bad RAM...?), but only maybe.
I also just thought of something; what is your Nebula RATECNV set at? What sample rates are the project and the presets?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mightymosaic » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:40 am

It seems like that is the case, Just checked the event log and it is Ear Spaces. Umm Im running at 44.1 and all my nebula programs are 44.1 .. the weird thing is this only happens once and awhile. Rate CNV is 9000.00 .. im really stumped here. I usually run my sessions @ a 1024 buffersize. Any ideas?
mightymosaic

Postby richie43 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:24 am

Another question; is there a specific preset within E.A.R. Spaces that you can narrow it down to? Are you by chance using 32bit Nebula bridged, or are you indeed using 64bit Nebula? Regarding buffer; Are you talking about your audio buffer or the Nebula buffer? My Nebula buffer is pretty high, 2048 (I think), or even 4096. That stays the same regardless of project sample rate.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mightymosaic » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:22 pm

Well, At first i thought it was only the specific Cathedral preset. But after even changing that.. it still crashed. Im running nebula 64 bit. As for the buffer i was reffering to the audio buffer. The EAR buffer was at 8092 then i tried switching to 2048 ..but that made no difference. hmmmm
mightymosaic

Postby richie43 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:00 pm

I can't think of a way that the presets are causing your problems. Other than a possible corrupt download or install-gone-bad, if the presets were causing this many other people would be having at least some of the same problems. Have you run a memtest and chkdsk on your computer?
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby analoginthebox.com » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:19 am

Hello, we usually don't give support on these forums, please get in touch with us directly for support!

However, I can say that the described issues can't be caused by the content of the library.
You could replace the kernels with digital silence- it will cause the same issues! 8-)
And the presets/settings are built on the same base XMLs that are bug-free since the early days of Nebula...

The thing is that this library is by far the largest that is available for Nebula in terms of RAM usage! With this there could be a lot of reasons for the described issue which I am pretty sure is related to the Nebula engine and/or the combination with you OS/hardware.

Best thing is to put Nebula in debug level 6 which is verbose mode and check for errors in the log files first! Like I said: I guess you won't find find any error and it's related RAM management...

I'll be happy to give some more support, but like I said, not here on the forums as I can't check them regularly!
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mappel » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:43 pm

I vote for option 2.5 ( shorter tails - same sample quality) ;)

my favorites till now (drums and instruments/synths):
the small/mid/large ambiences!
the rooms (posit + small + color2!!!)
rich and yellow plates!
bright and sm/mid chambers!

sometimes I cut highs at 3 or 5K...
sometimes (for me, personally) the tails are a tiny bit too long... but there is a lot of variations to choose from...
thanks for this great package.

what are your go-to presets?
do you set up a pre-delay before hitting nebula with these reverbs?

cheers,
michael
mappel
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby cehas » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:40 am

Bump.

I recently purchased the Additional Spaces-pack, and this is my first time seriously using the the reverbs because there simply wasn't any libraries with enough tail (I need massive, 5-6 sec tails for ambient production).

Few stupid questions (again, sorry getting to understand the tech):

1) Are reverbs always just one kernel? (IK, sorry)
2) I'm not seeing any difference in CPU usage between the PREV and normal programs. What's the deal?

I'm not sure if I have tempered with the Neb Reverb settings/XML in the past to mess something up.. these sound nice & all, but I'm still not getting enough tail..
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries