Login

AITB releases E.A.R. (Epic Acoustics Reverb)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AITB releases E.A.R. (Epic Acoustics Reverb)

Postby Arne » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:13 pm

I have been testing this library on drums in combination with the CDSM drum compressor libs - the rooms have a great WOW factor, 3D feel, and with an awesome stereo spread. I would say that every single preset of this library is useful and will clearly contribute to a paradigm shift for Nebula :D
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Andrums » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks for 96 kHz Reverb programs
Buying...
Andrums

Postby jpchartrand » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:03 pm

I guess knowing the actual hardware is not that important if the quality of the reverb is great. I somewhat have mixed feelings about it though. It's not like AITB is programming their own reverb algo's. They're sampling an existing piece of hardware developed by other people. I don't want to be difficult but I find it somewhat odd not to know what I'm buying.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby davidperetz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:12 pm

knowing the actual hardware is not that important, as long as it's not a Bricasti.
davidperetz
User Level II
User Level II

Postby jpchartrand » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Out of curiosity, why do you think a bricasti should be treated any differently?
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:54 pm

jpchartrand wrote:I guess knowing the actual hardware is not that important if the quality of the reverb is great. I somewhat have mixed feelings about it though. It's not like AITB is programming their own reverb algo's. They're sampling an existing piece of hardware developed by other people. I don't want to be difficult but I find it somewhat odd not to know what I'm buying.

Did you read the post from AITB on the previous page? It is inspired by hardware, but it is not an exact emultion, it has been optimized and tweaked by them to be the best Nebula library (in their expert opinion, which I tend to trust). I understand your hesitation, but no emulation is going to be exact, even in our fine beloved Nebula. So if it sounds awesome (which this truly does), then I wouldn't be concerned. Maybe I am in the minority on this, but I have learned to use all of my MANY Nebula libraries based on how they sound and where they sound best, I don't even pay attention to what hardware they are emulating anymore. In fact, just recently I have been going through my ridiculously large Nebula presets and re-doing the specified instances with the Nebula Set-Ups app (by Zabulowski) and renaming them all, so now they don't even have the small hints from the dev. I have things like :Room Verbs", "Hall Verbs", "Tube Comp 1", etc. We have entered an exciting and liberating time in digital audio, with amazing tools like Nebula. I have jumped in head first and am loving the sonic possibilities. Why be burdened with worrying about what hardware blah blah blah.....
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby jpchartrand » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Because it's good to know what we're buying. Oh well...It's no big deal anyways. I'll end up buying it. :P
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 am

Without putting a developers in any possible harms way, I too want to know the specific hardware sampled.

That is what makes NEBULA unique [if only in partial capture]. The gear sampled is often times equipment I've used. I choose them because of my experience, and choose NEBULA because we have the closest emu of that specific piece.

For those unfamiliar with said unit, it may have no relationship, but that is not necessarily true for those of us that have worked with the gear. We booked studios because they had a N**e or S*L console that was wanted for a specific project. I'm not much for the algo plugs with some generic emulation. It may very well sound good ... but NEBULA offers a unique choice that may vary, but the tone is there.

Again, nothing to do with the 'code of discreet' ... all respect. Granted, there are unique libraries that are just that ... the name is the name. A reverb from Lex should not be confused from AMS ...

just my preference.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby SamC » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:27 am

Just bought this...what a selection of fantastic reverbs, just superb!

Thanks
SamC
User Level III
User Level III

Postby rrrobo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:49 am

souljah wrote:Great sound clips!

Hi souljah,

Could you point me to these sound clips please.

Cheers
Last edited by rrrobo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries