Login

AITB releases E.A.R. (Epic Acoustics Reverb)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AITB releases E.A.R. (Epic Acoustics Reverb)

Postby Jarno » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:40 pm

AITB EAR Room programs are totally unusable for me..

I've only tried the 44.1 kHz EAR ROOM programs so far on my Macbook pro (Intelcore i7, 2,66 GHz 8 Gig RAM) the CPU usage rises to over 100% in a second and my DAW won't even play.
When choosing a 'lighter' program, for example 'room 1', my CPU goes from 1% to 75%.
This happens as well in Logic in OSX as in Sequoia 64 bit in Windows..

I've tried all the following steps, but it doesn't make things better at all.
- I increased the DAW’s buffer size to 2048 samples
-I changed the dsp buffer in Nebula to 8192
-I've tried raising the RATE CNV to the highest.
- i'm using the latest Nebula 3 pro versions.

Normally I can run about 10 Nebula instances on 1 track without a problem.

Can someone please help me out on this?
The person at AITB stated in an e-mail that a few other customers also can't run a single instance of these EAR rooms reverb. I've seen more costumers are having problems with this. Is there any solution already?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Jarno
Jarno
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby fpoitevin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Jarno wrote:AITB EAR Room programs are totally unusable for me..
Same problem here. Posted it. No answer.
Contacted AITB who said the problem comes from Nebula. Contacted Giancarlo who said it's not Nebula...
Don't have any solution. Even on my Mac Pro, I can't run 1 instance of EAR Hall at 96kHz...
fpoitevin
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby gurth » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 pm

I run nebula server on a single pc and it al works fine, like any other nebula program....

Could nebula server make such a difference?
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:33 pm

gurth wrote:I run nebula server on a single pc and it al works fine, like any other nebula program....

Could nebula server make such a difference?

I use Nebula server version, but still not as a server/slave set-up; I am still using it like a regular Nebula instance, and I can indeed use the E.A.R. rooms and halls. I have a large project (almost 100 tracks with plugins) that I use 3 different instances from these libraries, and I am on a decent quad-core, but not an i7 moster (yet). But I am on a PC, not a Mac, so I am guessing that AITB is correct in assuming that this is a Nebula (Mac version specifically) issue. I am guessing, of course, but it seems like a reasonable guess. Good luck.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby fpoitevin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Yes, I think there are some problems on the Mac version: this problem with EAR (the same with long VNXT reverbs too) and the fact that in the 1.3.505 version, the VSTs are not recognized.
I hope they will fix that asap...
fpoitevin
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby oldhanke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:48 am

nino wrote:Your welcome oldhake. Please if you could also write here about your first impressions, I would like to know did it met your expectations.

Hi nino,

I have only played with the Halls a couple of hours, but to me they sound very natural, and as someone pointed before, very HIFI. I used a combination of EAR Rooms and Halls in a flamenco guitar I recorded some days ago and it was an instant wow.
oldhanke
User Level II
User Level II

Postby deehope » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:05 pm

I'm having an issue with only the Small Vox Room. It sounds like its clipping/distorting causing the audio to break up and stutter in a robotic way? Any ideas? I've been waiting for a reply from aitb for about 4 days now!
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:13 pm

What is you buffer set at? What OS are you using? Are you using this at low latency? Did you set your RATECNV to highest setting?
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby deehope » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:22 pm

richie43 wrote:What is you buffer set at? What OS are you using? Are you using this at low latency? Did you set your RATECNV to highest setting?

Thanks for the response richie... switching the buffer from 2048 to 8192 did the trick. Any reason why the rest if the library is fine at 2048 but the sm vox room needs to be at 8192??? Thanks again!
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:35 pm

No idea, actually. And I was actually referring to the buffer you are working with in your DAW. I have found there to be a sweet spot regarding the internal buffer settings in Nebula, and they are not universal. I had terrible performance when Nebula's buffer was low, like at 512, but equally bad performance at 8192. Nebula runs really well at 4096 on my system, for some reason. But I was wondering if you were stressing out your CPU using Nebula reverbs at low latency settings. I have seen even i7 monster rigs get bogged down this way, so I was just wondering. Either way, I am glad that you found some way to keep moving forward with your audio!!
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries