Postby theau » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:23 am

Many thanks and a happy new year from France

;-)
theau
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Cupwise 2013 New Years freeby

Postby tunca » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:35 pm

This program is quite simple but very effective! I can dominate my mids easily with this program!

Big thanks!
tunca
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Cupwise » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:38 pm

tunca wrote:This program is quite simple but very effective! I can dominate my mids easily with this program!

Big thanks!

it can be simple to use, if you just use it like an equalizer (which is ok to do, and it has it's own sound in that capacity). but the design stuff 'under the hood' is fairly complex (i would say among the most complex nebula programs out there), and if you want to use it as a subtle harmonic enhancer or for more noticeable distortion, it can be a bit trickier to use. being a bit more than just an equalizer, you can actually use it without adjusting the EQ band's gain knob. by setting the 'freq' knob you are still putting the band in that frequency position, and then by adjusting width you are still adjusting the band's width, even if there is no EQ boost/cut being employed. the band will still generate harmonics, depending on the volume level coming in (which can be adjusted with trim), due to it being a dynamic effect. so you can use it as a freq specific distortion generator, or as an eq, or as both.

the one catch is that the distortion end is better for more subtle tasks, rather more obvious dist effects. but you can use the distortion to really change the sound image's 'weight' in the freq spectrum. for more obvious dist effects you have to kind of accept that it can't be pushed too far before it will 'crap out', and maybe use 2 instances in a row with identical settings. having the input's dynamics range more compressed before going in also helps. so it can be simple to use, but i think it's pretty tricky to unravel all of it's secrets. ;)
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby jeromekeller » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Thank you Tim, I'm very interested in trying this out!!
jeromekeller
User Level I
User Level I

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries