Login

AITB releases APEq Collection (3 EQs + 1 Preamp)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AITB releases APEq Collection (3 EQs + 1 Preamp)

Postby highvoltage » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Dogbite wrote:@Analoginthebox

The contact form on your webpage isn't working at the moment - it returns an error '403' and then 'Forbidden - Prevent this page from creating additional dialogues'


I had the same issue, i think you have to log in , and use the contact form there.
highvoltage
Member
Member
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: AITB releases APEq Collection (3 EQs + 1 Preamp)

Postby highvoltage » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:01 pm

on the eq:

I REALLY wish all developers made combo programs.
Its almost the only ones i use. You have to use only one instance, it's compact, and it's not the same if you use 2 different instances to achieve the same sound.
highvoltage
Member
Member
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: AITB releases APEq Collection (3 EQs + 1 Preamp)

Postby richie43 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

highvoltage wrote:on the eq:

I REALLY wish all developers made combo programs.
Its almost the only ones i use. You have to use only one instance, it's compact, and it's not the same if you use 2 different instances to achieve the same sound.


While I agree with this for some reasons, to my ears this library in particular sounds awesome when stacking instances to use more than 1 eq band. Some eq libraries (I assume older ones) start to get a bit weird when you basically accumulate the emulated inputs and outputs by stacking instances (since an eq preset presumably emulates the entire hardware piece, including the i/o). But depending on my source, I actually prefer the sound of multiple instances of the ApeQ, even using the more colored and higher kernel versions for each instance. AITB did a great job on this library. And having the different versions of the hardware, different levels of quality/kernel count, combos, and preamps..... I am getting all worked up to go do some more audio now!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: AITB releases APEq Collection (3 EQs + 1 Preamp)

Postby david1103 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Hello users of this library,

I have just bought/upgraded it and am waiting for the download link...

Can anyone tell me their opinions about the sound of the different EQ programs? I understand there are 3. This is going to be overkill for me as too much time will be spend A-Bing between them all! :)

I already had the no. 3 program (the original library with a pre-amp released ages ago) and never used it much, so can count that out for general use.

So between programs 1 and 2 what are your findings? One was sampled with a transparent converter and one with a coloured one? That sounds a bit odd, the only converter i ever heard of as coloured in a good way was a Burl i think. Surely we want the best recording of this EQ as possible? Anyone know what converters were used?

Will be using it for 99% electronic music and like vibe filled, punchy and old sounding as possible. Also as clean as possible would be good for some applications too.

I would image that the better the converter used the more realistic the sound. What do you think of program 1 vs 2?
User avatar
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:26 am

Re: AITB releases APEq Collection (3 EQs + 1 Preamp)

Postby Dogbite » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:51 pm

-Don't wait for the link - I think you just have to log into your account and can download it from there.

:-)
Dogbite
User Level VI
User Level VI
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: AITB releases APEq Collection (3 EQs + 1 Preamp)

Postby david1103 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:58 pm

Dogbite wrote:-Don't wait for the link - I think you just have to log into your account and can download it from there.

:-)


Thanks for the tip, downloading now :)
User avatar
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:26 am

Re: AITB releases APEq Collection (3 EQs + 1 Preamp)

Postby david1103 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:07 am

david1103 wrote:So between programs 1 and 2 what are your findings? One was sampled with a transparent converter and one with a coloured one? That sounds a bit odd, the only converter i ever heard of as coloured in a good way was a Burl i think. Surely we want the best recording of this EQ as possible? Anyone know what converters were used?[


Ah ha, I have finally quoted myself :)

I just got round to spending some time with this new EQ. Did some hard core listening on electronic snare drums. I thought:

EQ1 - *Slightly* more unfocussed, fuzzy sound, but a slighly better punch. The punch seems to 'shoot from the tip' of the sound, if that makes sense? Tighter?

EQ2 - Cleaner less vintage sound. Almost as punchy, but not *quite* as good in that the punch was slightly different, from the 'bottom' of the sound... just what comes to my head at this late hour.

EQ3 - The manual says this is the most punchy, but I think its by far the worst of the 3. I understand it is the old one sampled years ago, so this makes sense. Not got that special punch and sounds flatter/worse somehow.

Would love to hear what other experienced users think! Its nice to hear if people agree of disagree, may get me to listen again and re-think. Also, my inner nerd really needs to know what the different AD converters were.
User avatar
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:26 am

Re: AITB releases APEq Collection (3 EQs + 1 Preamp)

Postby beingmf3 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:17 am

Funny. I think it's all about context with this library.
At first I didn't want to know about the different characteristics, and judge myself. I had tracks that clearly sounded "punchier" with no.3, and 1 & 2 sounded too "cold" (for the lack of a better word) in comparison – then I had tracks that sounded just bad with no.3, and where 1 or 2 delivered the "edge" that was needed.
So, the difference between 1 and 2: ?? There's probably too many intentionally dirty, pardon: "coloured", sources in my music :lol:

EDIT: Top End in "1" is killer! Much silkier/unobtrusive than the others, the opposite of N**e if you like (but no Massive Passive either).
User avatar
beingmf3
Member
Member
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: AITB releases APEq Collection (3 EQs + 1 Preamp)

Postby david1103 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:56 pm

beingmf3 wrote:Funny. I think it's all about context with this library.
At first I didn't want to know about the different characteristics, and judge myself. I had tracks that clearly sounded "punchier" with no.3, and 1 & 2 sounded too "cold" (for the lack of a better word) in comparison – then I had tracks that sounded just bad with no.3, and where 1 or 2 delivered the "edge" that was needed.
So, the difference between 1 and 2: ?? There's probably too many intentionally dirty, pardon: "coloured", sources in my music :lol:

EDIT: Top End in "1" is killer! Much silkier/unobtrusive than the others, the opposite of N**e if you like (but no Massive Passive either).

Thanks for this input! I will try some listening for the top end next. I have the Doc Fear that generally gets used for that.
User avatar
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:26 am

Re: AITB releases APEq Collection (3 EQs + 1 Preamp)

Postby winrob » Wed May 29, 2013 1:09 pm

analoginthebox.com wrote:Sampled, but not released.
We have our reasons for not releasing 96kHz.


Will you be releasing the 96kHz version in the future? Lots of people only use 96kHz now and dont want to waste the cpu resampling from 44.1kHz.
winrob
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests