Login

Gene Lennon Nebula Libraries

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Gene Lennon Nebula Libraries

Postby beingmf3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:10 am

richie43 wrote:
beingmf3 wrote: ...-> send -6dB -> ...

I found a few to be hot, but I just went in and edited the pad-in and pad-out a little, to taste, and saved them. Problem solved! :mrgreen: But none of mine were as extreme as you are describing. Can you try re-downloading? Is your fx send possibly set high as a default by accident?

Thanks richie – I'll try re-downloading. The levels are too far off to be correct!
beingmf3

Postby richie43 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:34 am

beingmf3 wrote:
richie43 wrote:
beingmf3 wrote: ...-> send -6dB -> ...

I found a few to be hot, but I just went in and edited the pad-in and pad-out a little, to taste, and saved them. Problem solved! :mrgreen: But none of mine were as extreme as you are describing. Can you try re-downloading? Is your fx send possibly set high as a default by accident?

Thanks richie – I'll try re-downloading. The levels are too far off to be correct!

Did you try emailing Gene directly through his site. he is very communicative and eager to help folks with his Nebula library.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby LouMarciano » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:37 am

Just used the Church5 1.6 sec on an aux send for a male vocal, with plex ahead of it as a delay ... it don't get much better than this folks! I'm very happy with this reverb. I usually use my hardware Lex PCM60 on vocals but on this particular track the combination of Plex and the Gene Lennon reverb sat better in the mix.
LouMarciano
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Barendse » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:14 am

beingmf3 wrote:Sorry but I have to ask again: nobody has the problem with the input levels???
This is one example I tried yesterday:
Voice @ -18dB max. -> send -6dB -> GL Reverb w/ FX level @minimum

Not only I get constant overload, with several programs Reaper will auto-mute the Nebula track – which means the output must have been higher than +18dBFS!
Nobody?

I have the same problem. The ouput is far too loud, even with the fx slider at 0 is sounds distorted. I don't understand what's going on, previous release did sound great.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:23 am

Has anyone tried to contact Gene directly, like through his website? Some developers have other lives and don't frequent this forum like us crazy Nebula users......
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Barendse » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:00 am

richie43 wrote:Has anyone tried to contact Gene directly, like through his website? Some developers have other lives and don't frequent this forum like us crazy Nebula users......

I did.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Owen » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:29 pm

I'm having a similar issue. I'm guessing if you were using it as a send that it probably wouldn't be so much of a problem as you can alter the levels going in. I've asked Gene if he can post something here.

Regards,
Owen ;)
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby robsogge » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

beingmf3 wrote:Sorry but I have to ask again: nobody has the problem with the input levels???
This is one example I tried yesterday:
Voice @ -18dB max. -> send -6dB -> GL Reverb w/ FX level @minimum

Not only I get constant overload, with several programs Reaper will auto-mute the Nebula track – which means the output must have been higher than +18dBFS!
Nobody?

yes I do have this same issue... using the reverb as a send though so I just lower the bus gain (like-24db) :)
robsogge
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby djomardiaz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:46 pm

I have this librarie and yes, i need to put the fx gain at 0 and put down the output gain in nebula and thesend fader too xDD, its toooooo loud!!!!
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby dagovitsj » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Same here, it did help to turn down the FX slider, but it's very loud compared to for example EAR and EMT140. It would be very nice to have this lib "calibrated" to the same output as the two aforementioned libs. That said, I like this reverb very much ;)
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries