Login

Gene Lennon Nebula Libraries

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Gene Lennon Nebula Libraries

Postby Benjaminjo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:08 am

Jeez this library sound so good! Based on the soundcloud examples on your site, the reverb is so natural and transparent, it doesnt get it the way at all...first time i hear this on a nebula reverb, congrats!
Benjaminjo
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:08 am

Hi Gene,
Welcome aboard. ;). I look forward to trying this out sometime.

Take care and go easy with the twins. I have a four month old so can empathise to a degree. You have double LOL.
Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby BLUESMAN » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi Gene,
downloading now :D
BLUESMAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby vicnestE » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 am

Any user experience??
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby mgrammatica » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Hello Gene,

What is your policy on upgrades ? For example buying the 44khz set now and upgrading to 96khz when it is released.

Many thanks.
mgrammatica
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby geneL » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 pm

mgrammatica wrote:Hello Gene,

What is your policy on upgrades ? For example buying the 44khz set now and upgrading to 96khz when it is released.

Many thanks.

We are reducing the cross-buy price from what is currently listed on the website. Any cross buy will cost $12. This is for people that get 44 first and want to add 96K or the reverse.
Gene
PS The set of (12) 44K samples is now a "Bakers Dozen"
geneL
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby geneL » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Henry Olonga wrote:Hi Gene,
Welcome aboard. ;). I look forward to trying this out sometime.

Take care and go easy with the twins. I have a four month old so can empathise to a degree. You have double LOL.
Henry

Thanks Henry, You can look me up in your users database. And count me as a happy user. I also greatly appreciate what you are doing in the non-profit world. I am a trustee in two 501(c)(3) charities and feel very strongly about the need for that kind of work staying in balance with my for profit ventures.
Life is good with a heathy family and work that I love.
Gene
geneL
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby mr.tele » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:20 am

Gene, I just bought your reverb pack last night. After some testing, I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I am blown away by the quality of these programs! :shock: These are exactly the sounds I've been missing in Nebula. Thank you! :D Can't wait to see what else you come up with.
Last edited by mr.tele on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:57 am

Mr Tele beat me to it! I just logged onto the forum to give rave reviews for this new library. I bought the set just last night finally and am really blown away. And before you ask, no, I did not beta test these, I bought them!! I won't say that these are better than some of the other new reverb libraries, since there are so many good ones now. But I will say that this set does not sound like any other Nebula reverb preset I have heard, and the quality is stunning. Gene also has a great write-up about the library on his site, which is super helpful. One thing that I thought is cool the explanation about why some of the presets are not centered, which I guess bugged a few early purchasers (I don't know why!). He has his own way of using reverb in his sessions, and often times he will use multiple busses of reverb and off-center them and blend them until things sound just right. The other part that I think is neat is that he made these for himself initially so he would not have to drag around his favorite hardware to off-site sessions but still have his favorite reverb and signature sounds. So what we are getting in these presets are some of Gene Lennon's personal presets that he likes to use, so we should feel good about the quality and the choices he made. If you do a little research on Mr Lennon, you will find that he is not a new-comer to the music business, this guy is no slouch (you could say that he has worked with a few moderately recognized artists..... cough cough....). Anyway, go get these presets and be ready to experience some really nice and "real" sounding reverb. I am really interested to see if he decides to sample more gear. I guess that decision will be determined by the success or lack of this first library. And knowing that he is typically surrounded by some amazing gear of all sorts and ages in his daily work day, I surely hope that the Nebula community supports this first release to encourage him to bring some more emulations of that cool gear to us.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries