Login

Gene Lennon Nebula Libraries

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Gene Lennon Nebula Libraries

Postby Owen » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:28 am

Sys6 Reverbs from Gene Lennon

Here you will find a new series of commercial Nebula libraries featuring High quality studio equipment which has been used in the production of many top selling artists. The first releases in this series is a set of reverbs from a famous hardware box that cost over $12,000. This particular unit (not just brand or model, but this exact reverb), has been used in the production/mixing of albums from Aretha Franklin, Stanley Jordan, Joe, Freddie Jackson, Surface, Luther Vandross, Babyface, George Benson and many others. These albums include platinum sellers, Number One Billboard rankings, an iTunes R&B Album Of The Year, and Grammy Nominations. Their combined sales reach into the tens of millions. Many of the actual patches used on these albums are stored in presets on my unit and some of them will be included in these collections. This model, which I call sys6 is loved by producers and mixers for the variety of great sounds it can produce, and even more so for the sense of depth and 3-dimensionally that it imparts.

================
*Please note, I am not in anyway affiliated with this website, it's content, nor Gene Lennon.*

Owen ;)
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Gene Lennon Nebula Libraries

Postby jpchartrand » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Which reverb is this?
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby davidgary73 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:52 pm

MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby vicnestE » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:56 pm

If it's TC 6000, then it's a must have. :lol:

However I'm more interested in its protection:
Our libraries are not copy protected, however we do embed unique codes for each user into the files. This does not effect the audio, but it gives us some level of protection.

At first I thought it maybe digital audio water mark, but then I guess its the actual nebula files with some additional information.

Current audio demos are quite pleasing.
Last edited by vicnestE on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby geneL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi all.
Gene Lennon here.

I guess I don't need to post an announcement about my new site launch. - Thanks for posting Owen.

Sorry I haven't had a lot of time to post here in the past. I have been lucky to be busy between mixing, producing, a pair of young twins, and now this project. I also occasionally do studio design and I am in the middle of a large complex being developed in Trenton, NJ.

I started this project in an attempt to avoid dragging this reverb (and eventually other hardware) to mixes I do when I am away from my studio. I have “a sound” that I am associated with and this reverb box has a lot to do with the 3D/space I am trying to achieve.

I am happy to answer questions, and hopefully become a more active member of this community.

I will not disclose the exact hardware name for obvious reasons. I also will not discuss the details of how I am marking the files. Since this is a minimalistic approach to protection, I think it is better to keep the users guessing what I did. I hope you understand.

Gene
geneL
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Andrums » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:57 pm

When 96kHz programs will be out?
Andrums

Postby richie43 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:07 pm

How cool, another new dev in the Neb world. Hey Gene, are you going to primarily focus on reverbs, or are you going to be sampling other tasty gear? I am very tempted after reading about this first release......
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby geneL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Andrums wrote:When 96kHz programs will be out?

96 has been a challenge for me because my main computer which handles large Pro Tools sessions fine, can not handle some of my 96K samples at all. I may be looking for some help here to get past this issue.

On top of that, when I started this project, production and mix work was booked but not crazy busy. That has changed and although I am not complaining, I need to keep the lights on. An evening mixing is far more lucrative that an evening doing NAT, although the eventual potential is unknown to me at this time. I love what Nebula can do so I am excited to be part of this revolution.
I hope the ultimate answer is soon.
geneL
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby geneL » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:01 am

richie43 wrote:How cool, another new dev in the Neb world. Hey Gene, are you going to primarily focus on reverbs, or are you going to be sampling other tasty gear? I am very tempted after reading about this first release......

Hi richie43,

I do own, or have access to a nice assortment of equipment much of which has not been available for Nebula to date. I did underestimate the amount of time that this project would eat up however, so depending on how well the reverb package is received, how quickly I can be accelerated to official developer status here by Acustica, and how much time I have, all play a part in my future development efforts. I hope this works out and I can add many nice items to the expanding world of Nebula.
geneL
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:05 am

Very cool. Thanks for the quick response. Good luck, and congratulations on your first release.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries