Login

Gemini Audio Releases G76!!! (1176LN) Compressor library

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G76!!! (1176LN) Compressor library

Postby deehope » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:18 am

Im shocked this one isn't being talked about? There's 2 pages and only one comment on the sound so far. Is there anyone that has compared it to the usual suspects and is it functioning more like the newer compressor releases? Thanks
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Definity » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Well, i decided to take the jump after the demo which didn't give to much away, This certainly does not act like a 1176 in the respect of that fast pumping sound even with the A and R set very low, it more subtle than that but it dose come with Line/Amp and Harmonic programs which have their Low quality/Regular and HQ which is really nice if you already have a 1176 style algo comp.

Would I buy it again after playing with the full version yeah probably for just the harmonic amp and line but i think the comp still needs a bit of attention to it, if this gets as much love and care with the updates of the KultComp then this is a very exciting release.
Definity

Postby Gemini Audio » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Definity wrote:Well, i decided to take the jump after the demo which didn't give to much away, This certainly does not act like a 1176 in the respect of that fast pumping sound even with the A and R set very low, it more subtle than that but it dose come with Line/Amp and Harmonic programs which have their Low quality/Regular and HQ which is really nice if you already have a 1176 style algo comp.

Would I buy it again after playing with the full version yeah probably for just the harmonic amp and line but i think the comp still needs a bit of attention to it, if this gets as much love and care with the updates of the KultComp then this is a very exciting release.

Did you try the G76 NC programs for nebla compressor? They are supposed to give you authentic compression behavior.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Definity » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:44 pm

Hey Gabriel sure here is my review.....

"So I decided to grab this plug-in as it came out since I heard amazing reviews from the KultComp the demo wasn't to much of a give away as to really hear this comp you need to buy the full version to get the NC presets.

After purchasing I decided to follow the instructions in the manual to make the Fast Compression Nebula version, very quick only 2 mins to make. After posting in the Nebula Forum about how I couldn't get it to act right I then got a message from Gabriel to follow the NC version and I'm glad I did, It sounds a lot better, kinda transparent when a little is applied but you can also go quite extreme with this compressor for more pumping effect.

Also the Line/Amp/Harmonic programs (all the way from 12% up to 100%) are really nice touch you can use these with your favourite algo plugs which I like the flexibility of having that option, also it give me more a chance to experiment. Most people don't get to mix 1176 harmonics with a S*L compressor and a fatso's saturation all in 1 channel of your DAW but that is what makes nebula so flexible it is with programs like these.

overall I would give this comp 8/10, Quite transparent, Lots of programs, 4/8/12/20/All Ratio setting. Would I recommend it? Yeah I would I think the price is a good reflection for all the programs you get."

Thanks!
Definity

Postby richie43 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:08 am

I will write more in a few hours when I have more time, but I wanted to say SOMETHING upon the release of this library. While we already have seen some releases of similar compressor libraries recently, this one really stands out to me. It is very accurate, can be very fast, and is VERY complete and thorough. Like the review before this said, having the line-amps is an awesome added bonus to be used with this library, with a different algo comp, or by itself even. I can't comment on ALL of the presets yet, there are so many. But the ones I have used sound great, this library has found it's way into a few projects very heavily already. And as I get more familiar with all of them, I can bet that it will see even more use. We are just beginning to hear Nebula compressors really do their thing, and this is one library that really shines.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby kylen » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:52 am

Now this is interesting:
"...All compressor programs are also available as PEAK, Fead-Back, Fead-Forwad..."

I didn't realize 1176LN could do both feed-back and feed-forward very nice! Is it magic?
kylen

Postby Gemini Audio » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:28 am

kylen wrote:Now this is interesting:
"...All compressor programs are also available as PEAK, Fead-Back, Fead-Forwad..."

I didn't realize 1176LN could do both feed-back and feed-forward very nice! Is it magic?

Kind of ;) The regular programs do Feedback compression like the 1176LN. Those other modes are optional.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Arne » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:00 am

What I like with Gemini`s approach are library being split into sections. The NC programs are simply awesome and you get an instant feeling of hardware vibe and characteristics. Adding the extra harmonics for compressor in-out, makes it even more versatile, flexible and useful, but will make your CPU suffer. Freezing to track is unavoidable. It takes a while to adapt to the Nebula thinking, its limitations and workflow, but will soon overcast these limitations with its ability to simulate analogue hardware as truthfully as it can be done today. Splitting the in/output stages into separate libraries makes it possible to use the 1176LN color combined with any algo vst compressor to create an even broader flexibility. The options are endless.

The Gemini G76 as a compressor acts fast, and behave like the hardware (guessing a bit...as I only own the 6176 myself and cannot do a direct compare) but I do not care, it sounds good, smooth, and most important it sound musical. With the added color (harmonic) presets it can also sound hot almost dirty if needed.

Well done Gemini! Well done! 8/10
Arne
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby vicnestE » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Gemini Audio wrote:

Kind of ;) The regular programs do Feedback compression like the 1176LN. Those other modes are optional.

Does the official programs have makeup gain instead of tweaking output knob or editing program output??
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Gemini Audio » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:31 pm

vicnestE wrote:
Gemini Audio wrote:

Does the official programs have makeup gain instead of tweaking output knob or editing program output??

The makeup gain had to be disabled for the G76 because it doesn't work properly with feedback compression in nebula. Please use the output knob for makeup gain and don't edit the programs, they have been carefully adjusted.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries