Login

Please Delete.

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Fundraising - Lots of Libraries for Sale!

Postby david1103 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:16 pm

:lol: Let's get a working definition going if we want to debate this, how about:
"Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") is the differentiation of intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are "good" (or right) and those that are "bad" (or wrong). The philosophy of morality is ethics. A moral code is a system of morality (according to a particular philosophy, religion, culture, etc.) and a moral is any one practice or teaching within a moral code. Morality may also be specifically synonymous with "goodness" or "rightness."

To add a small injection of controversy, how do we feel about "missions" work?
Christian missionary activities often involve sending individuals and groups, called "missionaries", to foreign countries and to places in their homeland for the purpose of proselytism. This involves evangelism (conversion to Christianity)

Or we could just forget about it, let the developers act in their own business interests and go back to being audio geeks? :)
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:50 pm

schismatic wrote:This forum is not about what is going on in this thread.

Let's just leave it there.

It is though. This topic is about Nebula developers and the software they make, that sounds plenty pertinent to this forum. Unfortunately it has turned into such a hot topic that the OP's need for funds and my wanting to merely bring attention the need to protect these dev's work has been lost in emotions. Fine, I'll take the path of least resistance and bow out, and if this forum provides a way, I will delete all of my posts in the thread. I am sure that anyone who cares to read it already has. I am not trying to be an obstacle for someone trying to facilitate an awesome life sacrifice like going off to do humanitarian/human service work, but I am bringing up the point that it is important to serve humanity and people's rights, not just select few. Blah blah blah, sorry to create such a passionate frenzy, now off I go to try to remove my posts.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:51 pm

david1103 wrote:Or we could just forget about it, let the developers act in their own business interests and go back to being audio geeks? :)

Probably the best advice yet!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mortemer » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:11 pm

Hello to everybody!
and also everybody in future who wants to resell nebulastuff.

just behave in the uncomplicatest and easiest way:
read the license agreements enclosed in every purchase. If it is allowed to resell, cheers. if not you accepted that rules after doin payment. If you don't read it, thats your decision...

Please keep in mind that there are also locations on this planet where the law-situation corncerning this question here are more harder than in other countries.

@ cactuseskimo: I will give you a donation for your social work, i just need your paypal adress.

cheers to everybody :D
mortemer
User Level II
User Level II

Postby ericus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 pm

mortemer wrote:@ cactuseskimo: I will give you a donation for your social work, i just need your paypal adress.

Such a great idea! :mrgreen:

richie43 wrote:
david1103 wrote:Or we could just forget about it, let the developers act in their own business interests and go back to being audio geeks? :)

Probably the best advice yet!

+1000...Let's go back to making music using Nebula and our gigabytes of 3rd party libs...I'm sure glad to use them daily :ugeek: :mrgreen:
ericus

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:33 pm

mortemer wrote:Hello to everybody!
and also everybody in future who wants to resell nebulastuff.

just behave in the uncomplicatest and easiest way:
read the license agreements enclosed in every purchase. If it is allowed to resell, cheers. if not you accepted that rules after doin payment. If you don't read it, thats your decision...

Please keep in mind that there are also locations on this planet where the law-situation corncerning this question here are more harder than in other countries.

@ cactuseskimo: I will give you a donation for your social work, i just need your paypal adress.

Well said mortemer, and certainly less jerky than me. And Cactuseskimo: Just to show that my intent is not to screw you over and is only to show support for these devs, I'd be happy to donate to your noble efforts and maybe even encourage you to keep those Nebula libraries for whenever you decide to set up a DAW again. PM me or post a paypal address. Cheers.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:38 pm

And to schismatic: Is THIS closer to what you think should be going on in this forum? Ya can't beat an offer to donate to the cause.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby lordnielson » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Not to add fuel to the fire.

In my opinion the libraries are sold at such a (generally) low pricepoint that resales shouldn't be necessary.

There's also the point of "community spirit" where your payment is an incentive for developers to keep developing not only programs but also skills and techniques.

I probably use less than 10 percent of the commercial libraries I own, but for the reasons stated above I'd never sell.

Just a point of view.
lordnielson

Postby nino » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:43 pm

lordnielson wrote:Not to add fuel to the fire.

In my opinion the libraries are sold at such a (generally) low pricepoint that resales shouldn't be necessary.

There's also the point of "community spirit" where your payment is an incentive for developers to keep developing not only programs but also skills and techniques.

I probably use less than 10 percent of the commercial libraries I own, but for the reasons stated above I'd never sell.

Just a point of view.

+1
nino
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:28 pm

lordnielson wrote:Not to add fuel to the fire.

Just a point of view.

That's where I was coming from, but just like mortemer, you said it much less jerky than me.
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries