Login

Please Delete.

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Please Delete.

Postby cactuseskimo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Please Delete.
Last edited by cactuseskimo on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cactuseskimo
User Level IV
User Level IV

Re: Fundraising - Lots of Libraries for Sale!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:27 am

You are not authorized to resell any CDSoundMaster libraries. The license is not transferable.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 am

cactuseskimo wrote:I've decided to sell off a large chunk of Nebula libraries. My wife and I are departing overseas to do humanitarian/missions work early next year, so just doing some fundraising. We will be doing some specific photography and film training and then putting that to use in documenting a people group in need. The program is called "Voice for the Voiceless"

So, I've listed all the libraries below for sale at roughly 70% of their actual cost (although I will consider offers of less OR more) All libraries are from Dev's who have allowed transfers of their libraries in the past, so you will get actual download links from their sites once purchased. PM me if interested.

STN NAG Tape - $10.50
STN Stripe 76 Compressor 4:1 - $3.50
STN RCA/A-iron Line EQ - $7.00
STN Moog 4pole Filter - $6.50
STN 3500 Studio Sampler - $3.00

AITB Doc Fear EQ - $9.00
AITB Fate EQ - $10.00
AITB Mammoth EQ - $15.50
AITB Ape Channel - $7.00

I have to double-check with dev's first for the BELOW libraries, but I believe they will honour transfers. PM me if interested, and I will "hold" these for you until I'm 100% sure.

CDSM Bogen Vintage Tube Mixer/EQ - $27.00
CDSM Producer's Pack 2 - $27.00

VNXT EMT140 - $16.50

Room Hunters Theatre of Life - $18.00

Not to be a curmudgeon, but I think that the developers who have MAYBE allowed people to resell their libraries did not offer the downloads as well. Do you think that it is fair for you to get any money for a download and then have the devs to pay for the bandwidth? It may be pennies, but none of these developers are getting wealthy from these libraries, they are small businesses struggling just like all of us. If I were a Nebula developer of one of the libraries on your list, I personally would be insulted to read your post. I am not trying to be a jerk, and I totally understand running into money issues. But this is software and as you know, software is very rarely returnable or transferable. Especially when the software comes from a "small guy", not a Steinberg, Avid, etc. Give these devs some respect and sell something else, goofball.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cactuseskimo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:44 am

To the poster above, wow. Good try at not trying to be a jerk. Here's a little story for you. When I made my plunge into Nebula, it was all through a "2nd hand" bundle I purchased from a poster on this forum. Most of the libraries were from STN and AITB, and many of them are included above. The seller simply let STN and AITB know that I would be taking over the libraries, and they registered them to my account, making them available for download from their site. This a proper way of doing things rather then me zipping up libraries and sending them off to people willy nilly. Think before you post. :roll:
cactuseskimo
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:26 am

I did think before I posted. I apologize for coming off that way, and if you had luck doing that before, more power to you I guess. But I also test for all of these developers, so I have a frequent communication and closer look into their business and have seen over the years how each of their businesses have taken a hit with tough times economically. Did you notice the response from Michael Angel (CDSM)? I would be very surprised if any of the devs were ok with your transferring of licenses, that's why i posted. And if they do, it is out of kindness and maybe even pressure to not look bad. But these libraries are not that expensive for the users, especially considering what you get for the price. If more people sell "used" libraries like this, some of our favorite developers may stop sampling and selling libraries. That would suck, I think. So I guess what i was trying to say is raise your money in ways that doesn't have to hurt a small business, especially businesses that are providing great audio tools for all of us at very fair prices.
I think I know the seller you purchased from, and if I remember correctly, this person was in pretty dire situations and the devs complied out of niceness, but not because this is an accepted practice in general. If I'm wrong and you get the ok from them, I will stand corrected. But just because they ok-ed a license transfer once, it's pretty rude of you to expect it again. Did you bother asking Eric (signaltonoise) and the AITB folks? I am certainly not trying to be a jerk, anyone who has dealt with me before will tell you that I am an open and giving person, but I am also fair minded and believe in an old-school principal of a community looking out for each other. As I said, if you ask the devs and they are good with it, I'll be the first to say that I was wrong and apologize for jumping on you. I hope that you can raise your funds so that you and your wife can go off and do your humanitarian/missions work, truly. I have done plenty of human service/peace corp/oxfam/disaster relief/church missions, etc. I respect that and wish the best for you. I think it is you who should think before you post such sales that could damage these struggling businesses.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby ericus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:27 am

richie43 wrote:Not to be a curmudgeon, but I think that the developers who have MAYBE allowed people to resell their libraries did not offer the downloads as well. Do you think that it is fair for you to get any money for a download and then have the devs to pay for the bandwidth? It may be pennies, but none of these developers are getting wealthy from these libraries, they are small businesses struggling just like all of us. If I were a Nebula developer of one of the libraries on your list, I personally would be insulted to read your post. I am not trying to be a jerk, and I totally understand running into money issues. But this is software and as you know, software is very rarely returnable or transferable. Especially when the software comes from a "small guy", not a Steinberg, Avid, etc. Give these devs some respect and sell something else, goofball.

Dear Ritchie,

I've always enjoyed reading your posts up to now as you are truly a die-hard Nebula fan...But how can you call someone that will leave everything behind to do humanitarian/mission work a "goofball"?

I have MUCH more respect for a person that does humanitarian/mission work that any frigging 3rd party dev...as cool as they may SEEM to be.

Maybe every penny counts for these people? I love society...

Eric
ericus

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:40 am

ericus wrote:

Dear Ritchie,

I've always enjoyed reading your posts up to now as you are truly a die-hard Nebula fan...But how can you call someone that will leave everything behind to do humanitarian/mission work a "goofball"?

I have MUCH more respect for a person that does humanitarian/mission work that any frigging 3rd party dev...as cool as they may SEEM to be.

Maybe every penny counts for these people? I love society...

Eric

Did you keep reading Eric? I have a ton of respect for anyone that committed, I've even done a ton of humanitarian and otherwise human service work myself. I think that is awesome. My issue is the fact that he is assuming that it's cool with these devs, when I can almost guarantee that this is a bigger deal than you can imagine for many of them. They have a right to make some pennies for their work, and they also have a right to not have someone undersell them with their own product. I called him a goofball just to try to deflect some of the stress, if that offended anyone, here's a big global apology (SORRY).
And regardless if a person does humanitarian work or is a software developer, everyone deserves equal respect in this world, and that includes respect for their means of making their livelihood. You have no idea how this type of "used selling" of software can culminate into a trend that puts a small business out of business. How willing are you to do whatever it is you do to feed yourself/family etc for free? Are you ok with selling every other song, or getting paid for every other gig? Come on, this isn't THAT difficult to understand, is it? I do understand what cactuseskimo is doing, and I don't think that he is a "bad" person. But i don't think that I am either for sticking up for the small business that provide great tools for us at very fair prices.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:41 am

By the way, I love society too. One of the things that makes a community/village/state/country/globe work is a mutual and universal respect and compassion. But that needs to be all-inclusive and very well thought out.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby ericus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:32 am

I kept reading and I was glad to learn that you did a ton of humanitarian/human service work yourself.
:mrgreen:

The devs can do whatever they want regarding their re-sale policies, I totally respect that. I also understand their need to protect their business.

All is good! I truly wish the OP the best of luck and, IMOHO, this world needs more people like him and you Ritchie. Kudos to you guys for making the world a better place!
ericus

Postby schismatic » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:50 pm

This forum is not about what is going on in this thread.

Let's just leave it there.
schismatic
User Level II
User Level II

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries