Login

a couple Bricasti M7 presets

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: a couple Bricasti M7 presets

Postby Animus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:50 am

Uploading Rich Plate (1.9 sec tail). Give it about 30 minutes.

http://www.animusmundi.net/songs/RichPlate.zip

I will do a Room for you guys next.
Animus
User Level I
User Level I

Postby richie43 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:14 am

Animus the sampling animal!! THIS is the nebula way, for sure. I love to see people so excited about the possibilities with nebula that they start making their own samples and giving them away. Very very cool!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:20 am

Animus,
Check your private messages. I messaged you a week or so ago and sent another today.

Interesting that we have had opposite experiences he he he.

I haven't got your programs yet and would like to when I get a moment in a few days. Michael and I probably work to higher tolerance level and may find subtle differences may warrant a remedy. I found many aspects of the long tails simply too different from the original. Granted, if you didn't have both it wouldn't bother most as I am talking about subtle differences. It's not just the slight stereo shift but also a tonal change, the depth, immersion, width and in addition the quality of the decay of the tail. May be hard to appreciate without high end convertors I think. These are the issues I have been trying to address for a long time as we would like the release to have the least difference between the hardware and software.
We are almost there as from early December I am home for a while. Anyway enjoy this incredible machine. It is truly one of a kind and is an immense addition to the Nebula family.

Take care
H
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby yr » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Animus wrote:I have the Samplicity irs and they sound nice but when I got the real M7 I realized they weren't accurate in terms of sound. The ir's are really bright compared to the real unit, at least in my experience.

I can imagine that the lack of modulation will make the IR's appear bright. I don't use them personally, so I'm hoping the Nebulized version will be better.

Perhaps Henry/Michael can find a way to minimize reverb artifacts and "smearing". I find that switching to timed mode doesn't really improve things, because it effects the early reflections of the reverb too much.
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby meloco » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:55 pm

yr wrote:
Animus wrote:I have the Samplicity irs and they sound nice but when I got the real M7 I realized they weren't accurate in terms of sound. The ir's are really bright compared to the real unit, at least in my experience.

I can imagine that the lack of modulation will make the IR's appear bright. I don't use them personally, so I'm hoping the Nebulized version will be better.

Casey said that there's no modulation in M7.
meloco
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby yr » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:25 pm

If I remember it correctly, M7 uses less modulation then most reverbs, but I could be wrong..
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Cupwise » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:52 pm

i would think modulation would have the opposite effect, because the end result is going to be like phase cancelling. so instead of brightness, i would expect a kind of jagged response in the high end, due to the cycles of the sine wave being shifted around and NAT not knowing where they are, and you'd just get lots of dips in the response because of it. and also you'd get phase cancelling when nebula interpolates between the dynamic steps.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby yr » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Cupwise wrote:i would think modulation would have the opposite effect, because the end result is going to be like phase cancelling. so instead of brightness, i would expect a kind of jagged response in the high end, due to the cycles of the sine wave being shifted around and NAT not knowing where they are, and you'd just get lots of dips in the response because of it. and also you'd get phase cancelling when nebula interpolates between the dynamic steps.

I was referring to the Samplicity IR's, but what you say can be part of the HF "smearing" I'm experiencing with Nebula reverbs.
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby kkunkel » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Thanks for sharing, they sound great! Just curios, why did you sample them with only one kernel? Is that enough to get the full sound?
kkunkel
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Animus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:00 am

kkunkel wrote:Thanks for sharing, they sound great! Just curios, why did you sample them with only one kernel? Is that enough to get the full sound?

I used some reverb session templates that Enrique sent me and that's the way it was setup. Will more kernals equal a better sound with a reverb? I thought it was more for stuff with harmonic distortion? I am seriously a newb at all this so bear with me. :D
Last edited by Animus on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animus
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries