Login

a couple Bricasti M7 presets

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: a couple Bricasti M7 presets

Postby Animus » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:06 pm

dream wrote:I've downloaded these two preset. They sound incredible.

At this point I'm looking forward to see the new release, that one Henry and Michael are working on.

Did you have any problem (except the rooms), Animus, to sampling the Bricasti? If I'm not wrong they are saying it's not easy. I don't know how close we are the the real thing but the sound of those two preset is really full, wonderful.

I'm trying them on a snare, right now, they sound just right.

Great job. :) Are you planning to make any other presets? :)

I can do one of the plates and put it up for you guys.
Thanks a lot!

THey sounded pretty damn close to me but I might not have good of ears as some. I did have some issues sampling the smaller room stuff so maybe that's what Olonga was talking about.

I've done some of the presets I use the most personally but I am sure Olonga and Michael have done a much better job †han I. This was seriously †he first time I tried NAT sampling so I am very inexperienced. I didn't realize before it took about 2 hours to sample one preset! wow

I can do one of the plates and put it up for you guys.
Last edited by Animus on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animus
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Animus » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:14 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:Can you try offline sampling in true stereo mode and then replay it in Nebula using 2 instances?

Would it be possible to update Nebula to be able to do true stereo?
Animus
User Level I
User Level I

Postby dream » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:43 pm

You did a pretty good damn job!
To my ear those presets are really rich and full of harmonics.

Animus wrote:I can do one of the plates and put it up for you guys.

It'll be great!

At which reverb length did you start to find problems with the sampling process? You said room? So 0,7 second and less?
What about a couple of preset 1 second or 2 seconds long?
Last edited by dream on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mixing Engineer | Producer | Editing Audio Expert
http://www.davidefant.com
dream

Postby lordnielson » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:44 pm

;)
lordnielson

Postby Animus » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:49 pm

dream wrote:You did a pretty good damn job!

It'll be great!

At which reverb length did you start to find problems with the sampling process? You said room? So 0,7 second and less?

I did Studio A Close and Far which are both under a second. There was something funny about them after I sampled them. THey were far less enveloping as the original and when running a sine wave (I do that to level match) I get this "motor boat" clicking sound.

I will try some plates next which are around 1 to 2 secs.
Animus
User Level I
User Level I

Postby dream » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Very interesting, you make me wanna try to sample!

I've never tried the NAT system. How much time did you spend to understand the process in total? Did you find it difficult?
Mixing Engineer | Producer | Editing Audio Expert
http://www.davidefant.com
dream

Postby lordnielson » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Animus wrote:I did Studio A Close and Far which are both under a second. There was something funny about them after I sampled them. THey were far less enveloping as the original and when running a sine wave (I do that to level match) I get this "motor boat" clicking sound.

Wonder if one of the Delay sampling presets could be used.

Otherwise it must be to do with the Nebula engine. Like the problem with Cuda not being able to run shorter samples like eq's and preamps.

Never did reverb so I can't say.
lordnielson

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 am

Animus wrote:
dream wrote:You did a pretty good damn job!

It'll be great!

I did Studio A Close and Far which are both under a second. There was something funny about them after I sampled them. THey were far less enveloping as the original and when running a sine wave (I do that to level match) I get this "motor boat" clicking sound.

Hi Animus,
That's basically what I found when you get into the longer than one second territory. A kind of shifting of the stereo image across the spectrum. This is a complex beast that requires a patient methodology me thinks, so let me know how you manage with the longer tails. The shorter lengths to a large degree will be a simple affair. The plates and halls well . . . . . .that's why it's taken me months of experiments to get to where I am confident of a possible way through. Don't be surprised if you don't get a clean deconvolve with long tails though.. . . . . . . I wish you well though, perhaps you can crack something I haven't thought of
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Animus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 am

Henry Olonga wrote:Hi Animus,
That's basically what I found when you get into the longer than one second territory. A kind of shifting of the stereo image across the spectrum. This is a complex beast that requires a patient methodology me thinks, so let me know how you manage with the longer tails. The shorter lengths to a large degree will be a simple affair. The plates and halls well . . . . . .that's why it's taken me months of experiments to get to where I am confident of a possible way through. Don't be surprised if you don't get a clean deconvolve with long tails though.. . . . . . . I wish you well though, perhaps you can crack something I haven't thought of

hmm weird Actually it's the shorter tails I am having more a problem with. So you guys are doing a different process I gathered? You are sampling and Michael is deconvolving? I am sampling it directly with the NAT session templates Enrique sent me. I haven't noticed a stereo shift with longer tails but I will go back and look more closely.
Animus
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Animus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:38 am

dream wrote:Very interesting, you make me wanna try to sample!

I've never tried the NAT system. How much time did you spend to understand the process in total? Did you find it difficult?

It was very confusing and the documentation very sparse. I spent most the time just trying to find the resources I needed to figure out how to do it. haha But that's the Nebula way I think.
Animus
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries