Login

Radio Junk from Cupwise at KVR Developer Contest 2012 !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Radio Junk from Cupwise at KVR Developer Contest 2012 !!

Postby Cupwise » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:49 am

thanks g, but you may have noticed that i completely forgot to include the necessary system dlls in the installer! :oops:
so i had to go and work to figuring out how to script an installer (never done this, turns out to be kinda complex) that would put those where they need to go, to remedy the situation.
so now i'm up against my bad first impression (non working effects for anyone who already downloaded), hoping they bother to re-download and try again! ah well ;)
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:40 am

I sent to you in the example.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby elam » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:11 pm

I saw Tim's work a little while ago...But didn't want to rock the bells and let him announce it himself...

Great job my man!Plus you've work on the GUI too!Always progressing.I'm impressed.

And Martin's right, we need more ACQUA from you.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:29 am

elam wrote:Great job my man!Plus you've work on the GUI too!Always progressing.I'm impressed.

And Martin's right, we need more ACQUA from you.

thanks elam!
i am currently working on trying to get tube fm 1 to acqua. the main thing is trying to do a decent gui, which is fun and i've always wanted an excuse to dabble in graphic stuff, so hopefully it comes out at least 'acceptable'. :)
i imagine i'll do more with acqua. it's just a question of what stuff do i convert, which will depend on the kind of response i get (or don't get) from the first few releases which are to 'test the waters'.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby botus99 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm loving the Radio Detuned plugin! It took a little noodling to understand it better, but it was worth it. Some of the textures you can pull out of it are awesome. Thanks a ton Cupwise!!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:23 am

just released a pretty big update. this is what i wanted them to be like on initial release. for the initial release, i had to increase the dspbuffer in the setup xml, to avoid a bug that triggered super load sound bursts. the bug was caused by the trim control, so here i've basically surgically removed it. i found a different way to basically accomplish the same thing without it. anyway, so with that solved i could lower the dspbuffer, and i think that makes them much more stable in general. the installers have been updated to the new version which is 1.05.
http://www.cupwise.com/cup/kvr-dev-challenge-2012-entry/
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:43 am

so when i am happy with the last version, is there any need to update?
better sound?

does the smaller dspbuffer mean higher cpu load?

the last version is stable and working great here.

best greetings,
mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:22 am

mathias wrote:so when i am happy with the last version, is there any need to update?
better sound?

does the smaller dspbuffer mean higher cpu load?

the last version is stable and working great here.

best greetings,
mathias

i uhh...
well. i'd recommend at least trying the newer one. what you could do is just backup the version you are currently using. you'd just need to copy/move the .xml .n2s and .dll files somewhere before installing the new one, and if you didn't like it just overwrite the new files with the old ones.

i think the wobble one benefits the most. the gui on it seemed buggy while adjusting controls, and i think the update kind of fixes that... but in general i think they are all more responsive.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries