Login

Looking for a library of real sampled rooms

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Looking for a library of real sampled rooms

Postby Goldfish » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:42 am

wagz wrote:So, I'm looking for a library of actual, sampled rooms. I'm attempting to try to make everything(think acoustic instruments in a folk/bluegrass context recorded in a small/med. sized room) sound like it was recording in the same room.

I'm not interested in EDM, dubstep, large orchestral or artificial sounding verbs. Also, I'm recording in 96k, so I'd like the library to be 96k. I already know about Roomhunters. So, what do you recommend for quality, real, natural-sounding rooms libraries?

I have to second others here and concur that Room Hunters is absolutely fantastic. The amount of control you get of the rooms, axis parameters etc is mind blowing and the quality of realism is second to none. There really is nothing else like it out there for the Nebula platform. I use Room Hunters on every project. I highly recommend it.
Goldfish
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby RJHollins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 am

I bought it when first released ...

Sadly, not had the opportunity to really try it out :roll:

I need to fire it up and play :lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby sciifunk » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:04 pm

The room hunters presets are great, I use them on nearly every project. I would love to see someone do a similar thing with some nice studio live rooms! Maybe a few different mics for different instruments, kick, snare, vocal, keys etc. I would happily spend quite a bit on a library like that! Anyone fancy taking it on :-)
sciifunk
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby wagz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:24 am

sciifunk wrote:The room hunters presets are great, I use them on nearly every project. I would love to see someone do a similar thing with some nice studio live rooms! Maybe a few different mics for different instruments, kick, snare, vocal, keys etc. I would happily spend quite a bit on a library like that! Anyone fancy taking it on :-)

I hope that's what Henry makes. I would love to have some small to medium sized rooms to place the band in a more intimate space. sciifunk, I don't know how it would work, but having multiple mics to be able to place different elements seems like a cool idea.
wagz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby cactuseskimo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:14 am

Goldfish wrote:
wagz wrote:So, I'm looking for a library of actual, sampled rooms. I'm attempting to try to make everything(think acoustic instruments in a folk/bluegrass context recorded in a small/med. sized room) sound like it was recording in the same room.

I'm not interested in EDM, dubstep, large orchestral or artificial sounding verbs. Also, I'm recording in 96k, so I'd like the library to be 96k. I already know about Roomhunters. So, what do you recommend for quality, real, natural-sounding rooms libraries?

I have to second others here and concur that Room Hunters is absolutely fantastic. The amount of control you get of the rooms, axis parameters etc is mind blowing and the quality of realism is second to none. There really is nothing else like it out there for the Nebula platform. I use Room Hunters on every project. I highly recommend it.

I agree with everything you said, except that to me, the room they chose doesn't sound very good in the first place.
cactuseskimo
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:24 am

wagz wrote:
sciifunk wrote:The room hunters presets are great, I use them on nearly every project. I would love to see someone do a similar thing with some nice studio live rooms! Maybe a few different mics for different instruments, kick, snare, vocal, keys etc. I would happily spend quite a bit on a library like that! Anyone fancy taking it on :-)

I hope that's what Henry makes. I would love to have some small to medium sized rooms to place the band in a more intimate space. sciifunk, I don't know how it would work, but having multiple mics to be able to place different elements seems like a cool idea.

I will definitely go for intimate rooms but finding good studio spaces is the challenge. Will try to get medium to large sized later on as well but Abbey Road is impossible to get into to sample .....and no I haven't even bothered asking obviously he he he he ;). I do think that nebula is the only plug that would do it justice though. Or Waves IR1 would get pretty close.

I exchanged e-mails with Angelo Farina before I take this on. He is the acoustic space sampling guru. What a generous and knowledgable man.Given me some great ideas. Now it's all about the spaces. Anyone on the board know of some good spaces they can get me into? Let me just say that it would need to be on a Sunday more than likely and no-one else in or near the building because those sweep tones get mighty loud when played out into a space :shock: .
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries