Login

Looking for a library of real sampled rooms

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Looking for a library of real sampled rooms

Postby wagz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:22 am

So, I'm looking for a library of actual, sampled rooms. I'm attempting to try to make everything(think acoustic instruments in a folk/bluegrass context recorded in a small/med. sized room) sound like it was recording in the same room.

I'm not interested in EDM, dubstep, large orchestral or artificial sounding verbs. Also, I'm recording in 96k, so I'd like the library to be 96k. I already know about Roomhunters. So, what do you recommend for quality, real, natural-sounding rooms libraries?
wagz
User Level IX
User Level IX

Re: Looking for a library of real sampled rooms

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:39 am

I will be doing some rooms in the coming months.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby wagz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:32 am

Yes!!! Your stuff is always great quality, Henry. Please, include some small and medium spaces and I'm pretty much sold.
wagz
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby ngarjuna » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:33 am

The only ones I've tried are CDSoundmaster's "Real Spaces" in the Producer Pack 2. The PP2 also comes with some...interesting...guitar and bass stuff (I'm not sure I've ever used those to be honest). Actually I was looking for a Marshall guitar EQ the other day and forgot about this one. But the room verbs are fabulous. A very underrated library (possibly because of the weird bundling). There are demo programs (I think one or two of the rooms is included) and some audio samples so that's worth checking out.

I've not tried them out but the Room Hunters reverbs would be an obvious choice as well.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby wagz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:14 am

ngarjuna wrote:The only ones I've tried are CDSoundmaster's "Real Spaces" in the Producer Pack 2.
I'll have to try those. I'm reading in the manual for PP2 and it says, "...they are acoustic environments that I have created." He goes on to refer to the environments as "places". I get the sense that these are not sampled rooms, otherwise, why wouldn't he just say that? Maybe Michael can clear this up.
wagz
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby Definity » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:23 am

What about he room hunter reverbs?
Definity

Postby wagz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:54 am

I haven't tried room hunters, yet, but the sounclips didn't really grab me.
wagz
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby mitch » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:43 am

Hi,
The room hunters are special verbs:
It is more room spaces and sounds than a room reverb.
It is usefull to enlarge the spaces in a realistic way.
It is a kind of "dry" reverb that is amazing and has no comparison in any other reverbs I ever used.

I would recommend it.
When it is well chosen and eq'ed, it can have amazing results in a mix, soft and natural with no color but space.

Then, I allways add a second reverb to it to make the sounds more wet.
mitch
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby beingmf3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:34 am

wagz wrote:I haven't tried room hunters, yet, but the sounclips didn't really grab me.

Really? In use, this library does miracles. It doesn't only add "space" (admittedly it's only that one theatre room, which sounds great), but you can (read: "it will") also alter the tonality with its various mics selectable.
Rarely i will mix a sampled piano without the Roomhunters verb...

Henry Olonga wrote:I will be doing some rooms in the coming months.

Great to hear! Will you try to sample the mic crosstalk in a real dead 70's "carpet studio" as well?
beingmf3

Postby botus99 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:02 pm

wagz wrote:I'll have to try those. I'm reading in the manual for PP2 and it says, "...they are acoustic environments that I have created." He goes on to refer to the environments as "places". I get the sense that these are not sampled rooms, otherwise, why wouldn't he just say that? Maybe Michael can clear this up.

I hope he does, I've wondered about this myself. For what it's worth though, I've used PP2 reverbs on EVERY mix I've done since I bought it. They are definitely that good! If authenticity is a concern, this library sounds VERY convincing in terms of sounding like a real room.

But, as a reference, I haven't tried the VXVT, RoomHunters, or new AITB reverbs.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | ZED-R16 / AudiofirePre8
N4 - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries