Login

The Classic Console Collection Acqua VST's - CDSoundMaster!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: The Classic Console Collection Acqua VST's - CDSoundMast

Postby richie43 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:52 pm

kylen wrote:Thanks timp, I understand. I picked up the BBC console (neb lib & vst) so I can compare the standard setting with the tweakable (nebula) and consider if it is necessary to worry about it any further. I usually just pop in a nebula preset and only recently began to notice - oops I was in Kern-MonoL (Stereo is displayed) for a long time...just trying to cure my ignorance of the mighty nebula!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but inside Nebula the parameters show what they will change to, not what they are set at. If it says mono, you are in stereo, etc. Is that right anyone?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Barendse » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:56 pm

richie43 wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but inside Nebula the parameters show what they will change to, not what they are set at. If it says mono, you are in stereo, etc. Is that right anyone?

For mono/stereo you're right.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:35 am

Awesome- thanks! :-)
I still haven't released the album (all guitar songs I wrote and recorded) but I've licensed some of the songs for synch. I don't ever get tired of playing and recording- just very hard to make the time!
richie43 wrote:I have to also say that the video Michael posted is pretty epic! Truly a majestic and "righteous" sound!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:38 am

Hi there- I hope I answered this in your email to where it makes sense. If not just let me know.
Consider the Acqua the same quality as rendering using the longest kernels - these use all harmonic kernels and the full number of dynamic layers, so they do take cpu but are easy to tweak the xml's to taste if needed. The only thing I recommend adjusting at all in the acquas is the 'dspbuffer' if you need to. For the most part they are super easy to pre-render based on track, buss, and mains, and for the Globe just tracks and mains as it is with the console.
I personally recommend the "eq in" version of everything in all consoles as they are the most interesting complexity in spectrum, dynamics, and harmonics" in my opinion.
kylen wrote:Michael - How do things like MONO-L and TIMED and other things translate to the Acqua VST?

I'm sure I'll be picking up a console or 2 so I can hear for myself. I have just begin to get under-the hood on the Nebula settings and some of them seem to have an affect on sound quality, naturally.

Maybe I'm asking if the Nebula settings I would see in the Kern page are the same in the Acqua version, I don't know if I can tell (or care?) what those settings are.

Thanks
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:39 am

Yes :-)
richie43 wrote:
kylen wrote:Thanks timp, I understand. I picked up the BBC console (neb lib & vst) so I can compare the standard setting with the tweakable (nebula) and consider if it is necessary to worry about it any further. I usually just pop in a nebula preset and only recently began to notice - oops I was in Kern-MonoL (Stereo is displayed) for a long time...just trying to cure my ignorance of the mighty nebula!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but inside Nebula the parameters show what they will change to, not what they are set at. If it says mono, you are in stereo, etc. Is that right anyone?
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby kylen » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Thanks Michael - your email made sense, I appreciate it. Hats off to timp and richie43 for advice also. Now that the controls are making better sense (and the view from the UI, ex: Stereo = NOT Stereo) I can get on with actually listening to my new BBC Console! Thanks again for making these Michael. [Note: per the email the only recommended setting to change is the dspbuffer size if needed to alter the number of instances available because the other settings are already set to represent the console true to its sound.]
kylen

Postby Metalblast » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:44 pm

T*****t has extremely punch power like a buffalo.
Metalblast
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby lipa » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:20 am

Sooo.. anyone actually knows hardware behind vintage bbc and custom british consoles? also.. anyone compared sound of vst versus nebula? I've got vintage tube collection nebula and vst.. didn't hear much difference in sound but somehow always prefer to load nebula.. those faders on guis have no db scale.. :roll: :)
lipa

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries