Login

Have you said chorus?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Have you said chorus?

Postby marcpinol » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:57 pm

From Dimension D chorus to the noisy (but tasty) Juno 60 chorus... Yeah, I really dig the sound of a good chorus, but I haven't found yet a good emulation... I tried lots of VSTs (ERS's DIM D, Tal's U-NO-60, this new little chorus from Don't Crack), but the only one that gets closer to my needs is Echoboy, and unluckily is a little bit out of my budget :-(

Is there some good sounding chorus for Nebula?
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Re: Have you said chorus?

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:19 pm

In the Neb libarys....but they are at 44.1

I think it would be good for some 3rd party developers to sample some in 96k.We havn't had any from them yet.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby marcpinol » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Yeah, the Nebula library have some pretty decent choruses, but I'm referring to something bigger. I think that after all these libraries with channel emulators, tapes and reverbs I miss a little bit of chorus in my life ;-P
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Definity » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:13 am

i have a eventide eclipse, i can sample the chorus off that if you want?
Definity

Postby Owen » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:14 am

Tip of the Day: Not all Eventide chorusing is pure chorus, some of it is pitchshifting as well and that is a problem if you are trying to capture it using Nebula.

Owen ;)
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby rrrobo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:12 pm

I wish I could sample the chorus off my Roland JX-8P or Alpha Juno 2, they sound lovely. But it's impossible to do as far as I can tell..
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

Postby marcpinol » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:34 pm

rrrobo wrote:I wish I could sample the chorus off my Roland JX-8P or Alpha Juno 2, they sound lovely. But it's impossible to do as far as I can tell..

Are there limitations on this subject? I didn't knew about that, what a pity :(

Anyway, I finally bought ERS Dim D (I needed a chorus for a mix session I'm finishing) and I have to tell that is an excellent plugin, the best native chorus I tried so far. Ok, not in the noisy way of a Juno 60 (which is what I'm still looking for), but really versatile.
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby himhui » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:09 pm

marcpinol wrote:
rrrobo wrote:I wish I could sample the chorus off my Roland JX-8P or Alpha Juno 2, they sound lovely. But it's impossible to do as far as I can tell..

Are there limitations on this subject? I didn't knew about that, what a pity :(

Anyway, I finally bought ERS Dim D (I needed a chorus for a mix session I'm finishing) and I have to tell that is an excellent plugin, the best native chorus I tried so far. Ok, not in the noisy way of a Juno 60 (which is what I'm still looking for), but really versatile.

Yes, emt250 and Dim D of ERS are great!
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.35 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby rhythminmind » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:41 pm

I haven't been satisfied with my chorus/modulation NAT experiments. Just wasn't up to par in comparison to the source at the time. Will give it another go at some point.
As far as plugin chorus is concerned I haven't found a better set then these http://www.u-he.com/cms/uhbik
The complete package is almost a 1:1 feature set of a H3000
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com - http://popsound.com
rhythminmind

Postby marcpinol » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:24 am

rhythminmind wrote:I haven't been satisfied with my chorus/modulation NAT experiments. Just wasn't up to par in comparison to the source at the time. Will give it another go at some point.
As far as plugin chorus is concerned I haven't found a better set then these http://www.u-he.com/cms/uhbik
The complete package is almost a 1:1 feature set of a H3000

Yeah, the Uhbik bundle is extremely nice, I really like the Phaser. Anyway, I'm always looking for that "fluttering chorus" from Arp Solina and Juno 60. I know it's kind of hard to replicate, yeah, but... :-)
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries