Login

Bricasti M7

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Bricasti M7

Postby ludrog » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:38 pm

I don't know if it's just me,but to my ears these presets sound spectacular! Can't wait for this to be finished!
Great work Henry! 8-)
ludrog
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Vando » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Lush indeed.
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby cehas » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 am

Pretty nice, sounds like the ADDA is doing some low mid notching and some high end roll off. I'm using it after the AITB EAR, reduces ringing a bit.

This, with the AlexB send channel input, makes a subtle but nice difference. Thanks.. can't wait for the actual library 'tho. :)
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby BLUESMAN » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:06 am

Oh,pretty unimpressed, no modulation and no nebula presets for the bricasti.
BLUESMAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby thepalalias » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:20 am

I like the ADDA presets so far. They work well both with the Bricasti impulses and with other convolution libraries I tried. Looking forward to hearing more.
thepalalias
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:39 pm

BLUESMAN wrote:Oh,pretty unimpressed, no modulation and no nebula presets for the bricasti.

You know I appreciate you but come on - there will be no Modulation in Nebula - sorry - you know that right? You can use reverberate which tries to somewhat add a bit of chorus back in. This is a proof of concept for beta testing to show the kind of quality to expect. I will be making the presets to send to Michael if I can get this to work as a set - in other words a multi layer preset. If it's not that impressive one can always get the real deal but let me tell you that apart from a few minute details like width, a bit more depth and a touch more reality - getting this for free is reason to have a bit of grace - it ain't miles off the real thing. And also - I have struggled for months to get my head around how to try and crack it - My enthusiasm for this doesn't need dampening. :D

And as far as a finished work - this is a slow long term process - one preset at a time. I do have to find that elusive balance between life and work.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Henry Olonga wrote:I do have to find that elusive balance between life and work.

NO...... We need you sampling and releasing 24/7!!!! :evil:

:lol:
Don't let someone else's bad attitude dampen your enthusiasm for this cool technology. I personally love the presets I have tried so far, and I can add in my own pseudo-modulation to taste. Boo to you Bluesman.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby BLUESMAN » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:21 pm

Boo to you Bluesman.

Yes ,let's tortures him :mrgreen:
BLUESMAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby brp » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:57 am

hi Henry

i'll have some spare time during dezember and i'd be willing to spend some of it to this project, so hopefully the first program will be ready for xmas ..but i know, its certainly a very optimistic scedule! anyway, i had some ideas about how to capture this bastard the full way, with every width and depht etc. ...but of cours, most probably i'm just another naive guy who thinks he understands quantum physics while richard fineman is pointing out: 'if you think you understand quantum physics, you don't understand quantum physics!' i love this man

..if you're willing to coorporate with me to find out if i'm naive or not, you'd have to provide me at least with one usable sound source, dry as well as processed with the real thing being my reference. i'll send you then the test-tones i want you to process. should not being time intensive on your side, but we'd gain another possibility to finally steal the soul out of this box and let it free within our nebulas ;-)

best
pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby Henry Olonga » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:25 am

Ahem.................,
I guess you have waited long enough - over a year now hey. :( . Thanks for your patience folks but it did take an age to figure out a workflow that worked and I didn't wish to release a sub par product. I think we can say we are about there now - not exact but very usable and the ball is rolling. One last proof of concept and then I begin 'production' and will send em to Michael for final beta testing, labelling etc.
I think it goes without saying that we both will need your support if we are to do this in earnest. If I am to dedicate some serious time to this then I would need my other projects given some of your support so I can live while I do this. :D . We cannot charge for this and as it is a community release, I hope the community will understand how it can be mutually beneficial.

Digitally sampled at 192khz. Provided in 192k,96k and 44.1 k. The large hall. The AD-DA is already provided so experiment whether you wish to go clean or a bit dirty. There may be the odd low level click. Ignore them. Let me know any last minute suggestions before I commit to a set pattern for the whole library for consistency.

http://www.nebulapresets.com/Henry_Olonga_Bricasti_M7_Large_Hall_Beta.zip
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries