Postby Owen » Sun May 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Right. Which one of you ate Henry ;-?
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Bricasti M7

Postby Manta » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:13 am

Wow Bricasti :shock:

Thanks for the time you put in this Henry!!! I'm sure it will be great!

:)
There is No Engine Boosting U Like Acustica Audio Nebula
Manta
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi Guys,
I want to officially announce that I have abandoned this project. I am very sad about it as I really wanted it to work. It was just too problematic for me to get a clean deconvolve. I think I have explained that the Bricasti has a left side bias on the initial attack of a sound. No matter what I did I could not get rid of it enough to give a balanced stereo image. Even combining two channels and recording twice and panning to create a true stereo stream failed. Also I could not get a clean deconvolve most of the time. Been very frustrating but not the end of the world. Perhaps someone else may take it on but I simply could not work it out.

Anyway - I have been working on another FREE impulse library that I think you will like very much.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Ummmmmmmmmmmm

It goes well with the bugs series- before you ask ;)

http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... es-192-khz
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby gurth » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:01 am

What can't be done, can't be done!

Thanks for trying
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby botus99 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:37 am

I was partially expecting this after you had explained the issues with the modulation of the Bricasti. Sad news, but I COMMEND you for your efforts!!

Excited to hear your offering though! Your stuff ALWAYS delivers :)
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:20 am

Henry Olonga wrote:Hi Guys,
I want to officially announce that I have abandoned this project. I am very sad about it as I really wanted it to work. It was just too problematic for me to get a clean deconvolve. ... Been very frustrating but not the end of the world. Perhaps someone else may take it on but I simply could not work it out.

I'm sure the entire Nebula Community applauds your efforts on this project. Although we can't replace the time and effort put it ... we CAN as a Community do some shopping on your site to help! :D

I can relate to the feeling while developing the NVC series. Mine is much easier to handle, ... taking a positive view has helped me realize that this has led to something better than I first envisioned. The learning curve is immense, and without a doubt, much more to learn/understand. Like an veteran Producer said, 'sometimes tear down the mix and begin anew, with a fresh perspective from the acquired experience gained'.

As for the M7 project, well, maybe someday down the road it can be revisited ... maybe with a select team of Library Devs collectively.

Again ... Thanks Henry ! Look forward to the next release.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby BLUESMAN » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Thank you for your hard work, Henry.
My wish is a AMS RMX 16, maybe you could sample it ?
BLUESMAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:23 pm

I have revisited this project and have taken a different approach. A little happier now. Update coming this week. Still not there but usable IMHO. We are talking ever decreasing differences now. Good news. This time it's for real. ;)
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby jimiyves » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:16 pm

I have revisited this project and have taken a different approach. A little happier now. Update coming this week. Still not there but usable IMHO. We are talking ever decreasing differences now. Good news. This time it's for real. ;)

Yes ! Marvellous ! You're the best Henry ! How do you think it would be close to the real thing ?

Thank you for your work.
jimiyves
User Level III
User Level III

Postby dream » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Aww, exciting post!
Mixing Engineer | Producer | Editing Audio Expert
http://www.davidefant.com
dream

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries