Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Bricasti M7

Postby Definity » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:53 am

Excellent! Thanks for the update Henry!
Definity

Update

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 pm

I have not forgotten about this project and have been looking at it seriously for the last few days. It's just a frustrating excercise as the results I am getting still do not quite meet what I would hope. The sound changes too much for my liking - but I do have a desire to get it as close as possible. If I fail to get any closer I will simply release what I have as I am close to the limits. Normally I am confident that I can nail a nebula preset to at least 95 % of the sweet spot of the hardware. At this point I think it is about 80 %. SO there is work to be done in clawing back that little extra.

Having said that - what is happening is there is definitely a loss of depth and even a shift in frequency response that requires a bit of tweaking.

I have tried quite a bit in the way of technique and I have one more trick up my sleeve that I hope will really help. I have done a long sweep of about 6 minutes to see what the Bricasti does over time. It is predictable and random at the same time if you know what I mean. I can see where it boosts and dips across the frequency response but the normal sweep time is not long enough to capture the many variations. There is a ram limitation that kicks in as well for sweeps much longer than about 60 seconds. It becomes hit and miss in NAT after that.
I think Casey was right in saying that convolution cannot truly capture the hardware. They have nothing to worry about - the hardware will continue to sell well.
For the rest of us we may have to settle for about 85 % maybe he he he he.
So apologies for the delay again, it was not supposed to take as long as this - but be assured that the results I am getting are better than the impulse responses released in the past but there is still something missing. Once I crack it workflow wise, I will be able to sample reasonably consistently and churn out stuff hopefully weekly to pass on to Michael.
Best wishes
Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby botus99 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 pm

I'm only speaking for myself here, but I can wait :mrgreen: The best things in life are worth the wait!

I just can't thank you, Michael, and all others involved enough for your efforts. Regardless of what anyone else will think/say, you guys are truly exercising a labor of love that I, for one, am VERY thankful for!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby gurth » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:30 pm

+1
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Full agreement here !

Considering all the effort/time that's required [and no doubt the complexities] ...

I'm sure Henry would like to have a Life outside of all this ... I'd favor clearing any release date off the calendar, and only when you've hit the quality mark to then plan a date.

There may be other equipment that might be considered for Nebulization ... there is no sense in getting boughed down with Bricasti ... and release something you're not proud/satisfied with.

just my 1/3 cent.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby mr.tele » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:57 pm

+1 No hurry here.Just take your time for the best quality, and maybe have a moment to relax. :)
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby mitch » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Yeah, I also agree, I can wait, especialy if I know you are trying to make it as good as possible, and if that is 95%, that would be amazing!
The best technical achievements take a lot of efforts and time, of course!

In the meantime, every time in go on the forum, I'll have a look on this thread to see if you have succeeded. ;)

Good luck!
mitch
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby dejhantulip » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Dear Henry,

Thank you so much for all your efforts! I truly and deeply appreciate all the time and dedication you are giving to nail this beautifully sounding reverb! I CAN wait patiently, and I am sure you will succeed coz I have seen only a handful of people in my life as dedicated as you and as humble as you. You really are an inspiration for everyone in this forum I am sure!

Keep it up, Glod Bless!

ORLANDO
dejhantulip
User Level III
User Level III

Postby souljah » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 am

+1 lets not limit this project with a silly deadline. Im glad Henry brought this nuance out of nebula reverb as such. More than ever I'm seeking some L*****n hd reverb. They come quite cheap in second hand, its not bricasti but will be nice complementation to my all software home studio.
souljah
User Level II
User Level II

Postby meloco » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:51 am

That's very interesting from purely scientific standpoint too -- what we can and cannot hear. I hope you would provide some examples of real M7 vs Nebula capture.
meloco
User Level VII
User Level VII

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries