Postby evaderod » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:51 am

Will try asap,

Thank you Henry
evaderod
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Re: Bricasti M7

Postby cehas » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:16 am

Oh man, I don't know how the real unit sounds but.. wow. I compared this to the true stereo impulses available; no competition.

I will definitely buy some of your libraries when this comes out in full. Amazing job.
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby BigKD » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:16 am

Just inserting one instance makes my CPU meter in Ableton live 8 go from 45% to 230%

So it is completely unusable at the moment.

I'm also new to nebula, so maybe I need to change a setting or something? I'm using it with the stock XML file.
BigKD
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby mathias » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:21 am

use nebula reverb, go to mast page, switch to guru mode, when necessary.
then you get a lot of options.
go to dsp buffer and increase it to at least 2048 press save (on the top right).
then reload nebula and check again.
when samplerate changes are involved set rate convert to the highest possible value on mast page. save and reload.

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby BigKD » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:49 am

mathias wrote:use nebula reverb, go to mast page, switch to guru mode, when necessary.
then you get a lot of options.
go to dsp buffer and increase it to at least 2048 press save (on the top right).
then reload nebula and check again.
when samplerate changes are involved set rate convert to the highest possible value on mast page. save and reload.

mathias

BOOM. That fixed it.

Thanks a ton. The reverb sounds unlike anything I have ever heard before. I've mainly used ableton's verbs [only good for special effect IMO] and a demo of the LX480 [which I liked quite a bit!].
BigKD
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Owen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:04 pm

:) :) Wonderful
Hanging on a moment of truth here Henry.....

Made my day :)
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby brp » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:13 pm

hi henry

maybe i was not clear enough about my point. waiting for such a great thing never was a problem to me. i shouldn't have written anything about x-mas etc..

my main point is this: few weeks ago i had a very interesting chat with a friend, where we were discussing the limitations of convolution reverbs, artificial modulation etc. after that i had some ideas of how to capture and recreate the non-static behavior of any kind of source.

your doings with the bricasti seam to be just a great place to look into this whole subject from this point of view, having the chance to get even better results at the end of the day! but as i stated in the last post, i can't guarantee for any success, it's all a bit on the experimental side. but who cares, i'll do this with absolutely no financial interests, i'll do this because it interests me and if i'll get something sounding similar to a bricasti at the end of the day, it was worth it all, not to mention the profit of the whole nebula community!!!

BTW your results are stunning, but by just adding an LFO modulating slowly the selection value, which is responsible for the selection of the convolutions you'll get results twice as good as yours. believe me, i just wet my pants five minutes ago ;-)
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Hey BRP,
My reply wasn't directed at you so sorry if it appeared that way or as if I ignored you. I am intrigued with your extra tweak.

Can we take the conversation to e-mail?

Sales (at) nebularesets.com

I have not looked at the LFOs so please do discuss this with me.
Best
Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby adam73 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Thank you Henry :D , looking forward to trying this out
adam73
User Level III
User Level III

Postby fito_88 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:41 am

I admire your work Mr Henry! Hats off for you and please keep it up with more fantastic libraries :)
fito_88
User Level 0
User Level 0

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries