Login

do you use the libraries that come with nebula 3 pro?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: do you use the libraries that come with nebula 3 pro?

Postby richie43 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:19 pm

yewtreemagic wrote:Hi RJ,

I'm not Richie, but I think I can help with this query since I'm also a great user of Zabukowski's excellent Nebula Set-ups.

It involves no folder re-organisation at all. You just decide on a new name for your extra Nebula DLL files (and I also think choosing a different skin or colour for each one is mighty helpful so they all look different as well), and then using Nebula Set-ups you move the appropriate presets from its left hand source window to its right hand destination window.

Once you have all the presets in place for a particular DLL file you click on Nebula Set-ups' GO button and your new DLL file will be created.

To give you an idea, apart from the normal Nebula3.dll and Nebula3 Reverb.dll, I curently have:

Nebula3 Comp.dll
Nebula3 EQ.dll
Nebula3 Comp.dll
Nebula3 FX.dll
Nebula3 Preamp.dll
Nebula3 Tape.dll

It's a bit of a fiddle to get up and running if you have hundreds of presets to sort, but once it's done you can edit each one at any time to refine its contents without having to start again.

I couldn't work without it!

Martin

Perfect answer. The hardest part for me was learning the different ways of finding the presets. Some are easy, if they are actually named the way you imagine. If not, you can search certain dev's, but only sometimes. Once you get your head around how to search them, you can go nuts. My main DAW has over 30 instances now, and I look back to my work-flow before I did this and am shocked that I put up with it! lol. It's a good thing that Nebula is so useful anyway, or I wouldn't still be using it. But getting organized with these separate instances is very liberating. Not only do I have these awesome tools, but now it is actually faster and fun. I feel spoiled. :mrgreen:

RJ: Feel free to ask more specific questions as you get deeper. You can even PM me if you want, I am always happy to see others revolutionize their audio! I know I may sound like a fan-boy around here lately, but this amazing technology is truly radical to my 40+ year old ears, and to my work, and I am so grateful for it.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby daveedwards » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:40 pm

I produce electro house and I use the RND5088 Mixbuss on almost every channel. That thing is amazing. I do need to check out AlexB's S*L library but as far as free goes that is excellent. Also the Joe Meek EQs are very good, as is the A****n.
daveedwards
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Definity » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:40 am

Hmmm I might give the MWC a go when I get the cash since I make house music too.
Definity

Postby anthonyw » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:41 pm

No, I only use third party libraries because:

1. They provide me with everything I want.
2. The ones I use don't require authorization. I believe the only third party libraries that require authorization are the updated AITB ones, and I have the older releases from them which don't require this. I will not upgrade to any new AITB libraries because of this.

Since I'm not using the factory library, I love not having to request a new authorization if I install on a new computer.
anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries