Login

do you use the libraries that come with nebula 3 pro?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: do you use the libraries that come with nebula 3 pro?

Postby xyxxjx » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:04 am

Thanks for your answers. what I would like to do before I buy the third party libraries, is to create a folder called Factory where I would place all the libraries that came with nebula. Then have this folder show up inside of the VST, so that there is a clear separation between the third party libraries and the factory libraries. Is this possible?
xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Definity » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:17 am

You can make different instances of Nebula have different presets yes, but TBH this is a waste of time IMO since this is normally used for just consoles or just EQ's or just tapes E.G rather than 3rd party and stock programs, but yeah it is possible.

Not sure how to do it though, I'm pretty sure it would be in one of the nebula tips of the month threads.
Definity

Postby Vando » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:06 pm

With Nebula Set-ups you can easily customize your Nebulas.
http://zabukowski.com/software/?page_id=43
And it's free!
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Definity » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:32 pm

^^^^ That's the one
Definity

Postby Cupwise » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:17 pm

yeah you can definitely do this to separate the neb 3/acustica libraries from 3rd party ones. and it's a good idea anyway because it cuts down on nebula's load time a bit.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby xyxxjx » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:50 am

So what you're saying is nebula setups can create different vsts e.g. I click one vst in my daw and the factory libraries come up, i click another one and only the 3rd party libraries come up?
xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Definity » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:25 am

I have never used it but from what I understand, yes.
Definity

Postby richie43 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:07 am

Nebula Setups has sped up my nebula workflow SO much. I now have probably over 20 different Nebula instances, all specified for either certain functions (console, eq, reverbs, tapes, etc), and some are even specific devs or specific libraries. Once you learn how to set things up and find different things, it is really easy. Now when I want an eq, I load the nebula EQ, which only scans the repository for the libraries I have set it up to use, so load times for any particular preset is very very fast. I encourage anyone to learn how to use this tool. The only drawback that I have found (but not enough to NOT use it) is when it comes time to update Nebula itself. Then you need to commit a little time to since each individual dll needs updating. I have found the quickest way for me is to "install" nebula nd the updates to a dummy location, and then copy/paste new dll's to the location of your collection of Nebula-Setup created dll's, but each one needs the name changed to match the name you gave to it. Other than that, it's a breeze and is super convenient while working.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 am

Hi Richie,

The more I work with NEBULA, the idea of faster loading of the NEB plug-in is getting more enticing ... particularly reading your latest posting.

Your 'solution' for updating NEB seems very do-able.

I'm sure you may have explained this earlier [or someone did], but would you clarify any changes you may have made to the Libraries themselves ??

Currently, every Lib I have is located in the
C:\nebulatemprepository with 2 sub-folders 'Programs' & 'Vectors' [standard installation].

So a question, are you reorganizing the Libraries into 'category' sub-folders? within the Program/Vector folders ? maybe you are pulling them out from the P/V sub-folders and making Category folders in C:\nebulatemprepository ?

Sorry for the wordiness ... :roll:

Thanks for any additional pointers on this, as I try to better understand the process.

As always .... THANKS !
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby yewtreemagic » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:32 pm

RJHollins wrote:I'm sure you may have explained this earlier [or someone did], but would you clarify any changes you may have made to the Libraries themselves ??

Currently, every Lib I have is located in the
C:\nebulatemprepository with 2 sub-folders 'Programs' & 'Vectors' [standard installation].

So a question, are you reorganizing the Libraries into 'category' sub-folders? within the Program/Vector folders ? maybe you are pulling them out from the P/V sub-folders and making Category folders in C:\nebulatemprepository ?

Hi RJ,

I'm not Richie, but I think I can help with this query since I'm also a great user of Zabukowski's excellent Nebula Set-ups.

It involves no folder re-organisation at all. You just decide on a new name for your extra Nebula DLL files (and I also think choosing a different skin or colour for each one is mighty helpful so they all look different as well), and then using Nebula Set-ups you move the appropriate presets from its left hand source window to its right hand destination window.

Once you have all the presets in place for a particular DLL file you click on Nebula Set-ups' GO button and your new DLL file will be created.

To give you an idea, apart from the normal Nebula3.dll and Nebula3 Reverb.dll, I curently have:

Nebula3 Comp.dll
Nebula3 EQ.dll
Nebula3 Comp.dll
Nebula3 FX.dll
Nebula3 Preamp.dll
Nebula3 Tape.dll

It's a bit of a fiddle to get up and running if you have hundreds of presets to sort, but once it's done you can edit each one at any time to refine its contents without having to start again.

I couldn't work without it!

Martin
Martin Walker
YewTreeMagic
yewtreemagic
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries