Login

do you use the libraries that come with nebula 3 pro?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

do you use the libraries that come with nebula 3 pro?

Postby xyxxjx » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:59 pm

Do you guys who have a lot of 3rd party libraries find yourself using the libraries that come with nebula 3 pro?

I haven't installed nebula yet. Is there a way
to separate default libs with 3rd party libs, im thinking using different folders or something like that?
xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: do you use the libraries that come with nebula 3 pro?

Postby Definity » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:22 am

I use pretty much only 3rd party libs.
Definity

Postby xyxxjx » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:56 am

Is that based on any AB listening?
xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Definity » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 am

No not really, I mean they are some good programs that are free but 3rd party ones tend to have more time spent perfecting them.

Also there is a bigger range of programs as well. I do have some of the stock programs but once I got 3rd party programs I hardly used them, now I don't use them at all.
Definity

Postby richie43 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:37 am

I don't even have the stock libraries installed anymore. there are some good ones, but none of them are full featured, they are like a certain band from an eq, or a buss from a console, or one preset from a verb.....you get what I mean. I have adapted a work-flow that usually uses complete virtual pieces of hardware; like a whole project will use only one full console, a few full eq's (with others spread lightly for flavor), etc. Plus the stock libraries are older, and I am really enjoying the revolutionary thinking going on with the devs lately. It's exciting for me, at least, to hear what's going on in this digital audio technology, and I seem to have no need for the older libraries. Besides, I have so many (blush), so SOMETHING has to go......
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby botus99 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:36 am

I used to use the 4k to Heaven and Analog Channel all the time before I bought Alex's CLC. All stock programs have 3rd party equivalents that far surpass the stocks in quality IMO.

One exception though: I still like using the "Do You Wanna Comp?" on my drum busses on occasion. Very thick and snappy sound that I haven't been able to replicate through other means.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:48 am

no stock library, 3rd party only!
futur2

Postby lipa » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:13 am

Me too... can't remember when I last loaded stock programs..with one exeption: quite often I browse TimeVariant category to find some nice chorus (love the first on the list: 70` chorus), flanger, phaser etc.. not too much choice in 3rd party libs with these kind of effects.. but preamps, consoles, eqs, tapes and comps pretty much are usless once You have 3rd party libs..or even demos of them.. ;)
lipa

Postby RJHollins » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:50 am

another 'me three'. :lol:

In the early Nebula days, there were few commercial libraries, so the mainstay were the 'factory' libs.

Funny ... [or not], they still blew away algo plugs :P

However, today we have access to full commercial libraries that offer many presets of a given piece.

Another factor is the newer libs have, generally, heavier presets [along with some lighter weight versions]. The factory versions tended to have only a few Kernels at the core [could be wrong about that].

Needless to say, for the base users, the factory libs are still high quality and impart the hardware vibe.

Not too sadly, my factory libs have taken a deep back seat to the huge commercial stash thats been growing :roll: Should the time [space] come, I may go through and move theses early gems out of the active role.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby elam » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:36 am

I still use a couple of them.Sorry,I don't remember the names as I rename everything with the original hardware names.
From the top of my head,I still use UA pres,the Joe Meek combo EQs,A*I pres,Plates verbs,Analog channel (a German disco console),Joe Meek Comp and a couple of others.

If you dig you'll find a couple of gems,as in the now defunct nebulaprograms.com programs.

Try them when you install Nebula and see by yourself,trust your own ears.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries